Want to look better at 40 than I did at 20 and 30 !!!!!!

bevwor

Hi all, I have been doing SW for 5 weeks now and am just about getting to grips with it ( she types with fingers crossed!).
A bit of background (for those nosey like me!). As you you can see from the title I have just turned the mind-numbingly large figure of 40 and for the past 20odd years have been........FAT....
I am happily married with 3 teenage kids and am in my third (and last.. ) year of my BSc in adult nursing. Turning 40 and having to go for interviews and compete with all the younger graduates has kicked me into action for losing weight.
My progress so far:
Week 1 -- start weight of 14st 2lb :mad:
Week 2 -- -7.5 lbs :D:D:D
Week 3 -- - 4.5 lbs :D ( SOTW)
Week 4 -- didnt weigh as was ill
Week 5 -- + 1lb !!!
Week 6 -- - 0.5 lb
After having a horrible few weeks I am back on track and hopeful of a decent loss this week.
I have recently moved to a new area where I know no-one :cry:so would really appreciate some company on here for mutual support and encouragement.
I look forward to getting to know a few of you soon and hope I am not talking to myself for too long lol xxx

Today I have had:
Hex A = Skim. milk
Hex B = Porridge oats
Breakfast
Porridge (made with water) + strawberries
dinner
been naughty and not had any!!:eek::eek:
Tea
Going to have homemade SW pea n ham soup with SW chips Mmmmmm xxx
Dont know about snacks or syns yet but prob be loads of fruit (as per) and maybe a curlywurly

:sigh::sigh:

Hi bevwor, you have done so well so far. I'm doing SW too and am only just getting my head around it. You will get loads of help and support on here so many ppl to help you when you need it I'm sure you will enjoy it. Good luck for the week and if you need any help or advice just post x

Thanks leshrew, it will be so good to have others to talk to and to get help from!! My SW group is really good but am a bit awkward at the mo with not knowing anyone so this site will be a lifesaver. How are you doing?? xx

I'm doing OK I think lol, I'm doing it from home along with training with KB I've been going 2 weeks first week I put on .6 kg was loosing heart but I carried on, had a good winge about it though:D but this morning I had lost 1.5 kg so am a happy bunny today:) will keep me going I think training with weights is going to develop more muscles I've actually got a bit of shape now too.
You will be fine on here lots of ppl with great advice they have kept me going when I felt like giving up last week to full marks for support. X

well done on your loss x dont think im quite ready for weights yet lol!!!! Just had some fruit as WAY past dinner time too early for tea!!!

Hi bevwor, welcome to SW and to Minimins. You've done so well so far but I agree, it definitely takes a while to get your head round it all. This site is great to find support and also a friendly kick up the bum when you need it!! Looking forward to following your progress x

Yesterday I ended up having no syns!! didnt plan it that way but after my tea was just too full to eat anything else.
Breakfast today was porridge with strawberries. Not sure what to have for lunch as I have got to nip to uni to have my documents signed off at 1. Tea is going to be chicken breast, new potatoes and veg. Not very exciting today i;m afraid.
Actually looking forward to weigh in tomorrow after a so-so few weeks, will be nice if I can get a decent loss!!

Don't worry too much about having no syns, I sometimes end up doing that too. I know my risky time is night so I try to leave syns or HEs to nibble on but sometimes I'm just not hungry after dinner. What time do you WI tomorrow?

i go to group at 7 . I always leave my syns for evening or with my tea.

sooooo happy after last nights weigh in!!!! lost 3.5lbs!! got my stone award and slimmer of the week. Need to make sure i stay on it 100% now as already pinched a bit of kids easter egg today.

was feeling quite demotivated this morning until i watched an episode of fat families!! Been busy planning meals andshopping list for the BIG shop tomorrow. Hard to stop myself eating the same things day after day as I am quite fussy th food and dont eat anything spicy!!! would be so easy if i did as there are hundreds of curry recipes on SW lol xx am going to try the meatball pasta bake out of the new mag i think??

was feeling quite demotivated this morning until i watched an episode of fat families!! Been busy planning meals andshopping list for the BIG shop tomorrow. Hard to stop myself eating the same things day after day as I am quite fussy th food and dont eat anything spicy!!! would be so easy if i did as there are hundreds of curry recipes on SW lol xx am going to try the meatball pasta bake out of the new mag i think??

Hi Bev, glad to see you got your mojo back :) I was on holiday a couple of years ago and there was this couple on the cruise that were on Fat Families. They were always in the entertainment, first on stage and centre of attention of everything! Must be their new found svelte figures giving them confidence.

I haven't even got round to reading the new mag yet but pasta bake sounds nice. Hope you are having a good weekend x

Back