FireDragon Atkins Journey

FireDragon

HI everyone!

I was atkins and lost 32 lbs. On april 29 I tried JUDDD. There are wonderful people on the JUD forum. they were alot of help in telling me abuot the plan and helping me thru things. but JUD wasn't for me only because I love to eat. that down day was a killer :)

left atkins because of the food boredom. but I am actually gaining a bit on juddd and the carbs are nailing me to the wall.

I got to admit finally and get it into my head that the dense carbs are killing me slowly. If I can only really get that into my brain and leave them alone :) I keep trying to find ways to bring them back into my life and it isn't working. duh

So after 17 days on JUDDD I am jumping ship back over to atkins. I lose weight on atkins. I have about 30-35 lbs I want gone to hit goal. Atkins best suits me for losing.

when I hit maintenance I will consider JUDDD plan for helping me eat a bit but keep stable. I think I could work it in quite nicely.

but the focus is on lose, lose lose more weight NOW.

HI everyone!

I was atkins and lost 32 lbs. On april 29 I tried JUDDD. There are wonderful people on the JUD forum. they were alot of help in telling me abuot the plan and helping me thru things. but JUD wasn't for me only because I love to eat. that down day was a killer :)

left atkins because of the food boredom. but I am actually gaining a bit on juddd and the carbs are nailing me to the wall.

I got to admit finally and get it into my head that the dense carbs are killing me slowly. If I can only really get that into my brain and leave them alone :) I keep trying to find ways to bring them back into my life and it isn't working. duh

So after 17 days on JUDDD I am jumping ship back over to atkins. I lose weight on atkins. I have about 30-35 lbs I want gone to hit goal. Atkins best suits me for losing.

when I hit maintenance I will consider JUDDD plan for helping me eat a bit but keep stable. I think I could work it in quite nicely.

but the focus is on lose, lose lose more weight NOW.

I tried 5:2 for a few weeks and ended up gaining! Don't think it was food so much as alcohol. Back to Atkins and feel so much better already :)

Hi Paigesmum

yes. I know what you mean. I sure snuck in some drinks on my UP days.

I know the UP days had to be controlled better, but I kinda thought of UP days as party time :) didn't work for me either!

Iagree for some like us, atkins does improve how you feel! I sure like that!

Success. One day back on atkins. 1.5 lbs. lost this morning. Probaby would have been more but late last night I jumped on chocolate and chips. WOW. I had some cravings for snacking. A habit I kinda brought back on my UP day from JUDD. Should take me a few days to get that under my belt. While atkins foods obviously would have been better, rubbish was calling my name loud and clear and I ate it :)

Today will be atkins meals all the way and I will get my LC snacks in line for tonight.

I feel alot calmer on plan today. Feel like I found my niche again and can get moving down the scale.

Hi Firedragon. Just popping in to subscribe.

Hi Moon
you definitely pop in and give me all the good advice you can :)
I want to work atkins great now that I restarted!

AH MAN! I caved last night. jumped on tons of rubbish late night snacking. WHY? no reason which is pathetic.

Up 1 lb today. guts are nasty. I noticed the last 20 days eating some higher carb stuff has really brought down my energy level. Made my insides into goo! I had some lc snacks ready, but bypassed them and went for the crap.

tonight, in order to help me break the late night snack attacks, I am going to eat dinner alot later.

so early breakfast of 2 eggs, some bacon
later lunch of chicken and salad/veg

dinner tonight is roast, roasted veg with bit of cheese melted BUT WILL eat this dinner around 7:30-8.
I want a full belly going into the night time, should stop my attack on the rubbish

never thought I would be cutting the carb attacks again. I had that under control just a bit into Atkins. now I am fighting that stupid situation again. Do I ever learn??? lol

Hi fire dragon, well done on the brilliant losses so far! I know lots of people who have gained on Judd (as well as people who do great on it) do you're not alone.

The thing to remember with carb cravings is that carbs will never make you feel better and eating carbs will never satisfy you - they'll only make you want more! Go a full week with no slips and you'll be back in ketosis and will find things much easier.

Back