First day at Atkins!

magb

Hey all :) After a long time of trying every diet I can think of, I'm going to do Atkins! I've done it once before (and it really worked for the time I did it) but I struggled to keep on it because I wasn't sure of what foods I could eat while on the go :confused:. I've got the book now but I would just like to know what kind of foods I can take with me in a lunch box for work? (As you've probably gathered i'm in the Induction stage) and just to clarify, how much meat can I actually eat? (my dads been on it a while, eats as much meat as he likes and still loses weight) Thanks in advance! :)

Hi and welcome, I'm pleased you have the book, that's a good start. Also read the stickies at the top of this Atkins forum, that will give you a base to start from.

How much meat, well, like your dad I eat as much as I like, which is a fair amount believe me, but like every thing else Atkins is not a pig out until you burst diet, eat until your full but no more. :)

Please feel free to post as many questions as you like, we are a friendly bunch around here. :)

Lunch boxes are a bit of an odd one as they usually contain sarnies! In the mornings I fry up my omelette, and then eat it whilst I am frying up my lumps of meat or fish for lunch. Its become so entrenched in my daily routine I can't imagine doing anything else! It was odd at first eating 2 pork chops at midday, but I lock myself away to tear at my meat :)

You could take cold meats, cheese (portion control for cheese) tuna/salmon etc boiled egg, full fat mayo with a green salad. In fact theres quite a lot you can do without it getting boring or taking too long to prepare.

xx

Back