First day at Atkins!

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by magb, 3 June 2009 Social URL.

1. magb

magb Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    -0st5lb(-3.21%)
    Hey all :) After a long time of trying every diet I can think of, I'm going to do Atkins! I've done it once before (and it really worked for the time I did it) but I struggled to keep on it because I wasn't sure of what foods I could eat while on the go :confused:. I've got the book now but I would just like to know what kind of foods I can take with me in a lunch box for work? (As you've probably gathered i'm in the Induction stage) and just to clarify, how much meat can I actually eat? (my dads been on it a while, eats as much meat as he likes and still loses weight) Thanks in advance! :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Hi and welcome, I'm pleased you have the book, that's a good start. Also read the stickies at the top of this Atkins forum, that will give you a base to start from.

How much meat, well, like your dad I eat as much as I like, which is a fair amount believe me, but like every thing else Atkins is not a pig out until you burst diet, eat until your full but no more. :)

Please feel free to post as many questions as you like, we are a friendly bunch around here. :)

4. *AnnaMaria*

*AnnaMaria* Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(15.6%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Lunch boxes are a bit of an odd one as they usually contain sarnies! In the mornings I fry up my omelette, and then eat it whilst I am frying up my lumps of meat or fish for lunch. Its become so entrenched in my daily routine I can't imagine doing anything else! It was odd at first eating 2 pork chops at midday, but I lock myself away to tear at my meat :)

5. imlosingit

imlosingit Full Member

You could take cold meats, cheese (portion control for cheese) tuna/salmon etc boiled egg, full fat mayo with a green salad. In fact theres quite a lot you can do without it getting boring or taking too long to prepare.

xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.