Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

First day at Atkins!

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by magb, 3 June 2009 Social URL.

1. magb

magb Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    -0st5lb(-3.21%)
    Hey all :) After a long time of trying every diet I can think of, I'm going to do Atkins! I've done it once before (and it really worked for the time I did it) but I struggled to keep on it because I wasn't sure of what foods I could eat while on the go :confused:. I've got the book now but I would just like to know what kind of foods I can take with me in a lunch box for work? (As you've probably gathered i'm in the Induction stage) and just to clarify, how much meat can I actually eat? (my dads been on it a while, eats as much meat as he likes and still loses weight) Thanks in advance! :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Hi and welcome, I'm pleased you have the book, that's a good start. Also read the stickies at the top of this Atkins forum, that will give you a base to start from.

How much meat, well, like your dad I eat as much as I like, which is a fair amount believe me, but like every thing else Atkins is not a pig out until you burst diet, eat until your full but no more. :)

Please feel free to post as many questions as you like, we are a friendly bunch around here. :)

4. *AnnaMaria*

*AnnaMaria* Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(15.6%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Lunch boxes are a bit of an odd one as they usually contain sarnies! In the mornings I fry up my omelette, and then eat it whilst I am frying up my lumps of meat or fish for lunch. Its become so entrenched in my daily routine I can't imagine doing anything else! It was odd at first eating 2 pork chops at midday, but I lock myself away to tear at my meat :)

5. imlosingit

imlosingit Full Member

You could take cold meats, cheese (portion control for cheese) tuna/salmon etc boiled egg, full fat mayo with a green salad. In fact theres quite a lot you can do without it getting boring or taking too long to prepare.

xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.