first day at gym

coxnicole1986

So bit the bullet and joined gym just got back and feel so invigorated but wanted to ask how is all ur exercisin effecting weight loss as in book states keep it light x

Well done Nicole on joining a gym! It can be really fun and addictive, once you get into it.

I've read the bit in the book about the gym/exercising but its geared more towards Dukan's concerns that by exercising, it will make you hungrier and want to eat more carbs. To me, there was nothing saying if you really enjoy doing it, you shouldn't.

That said you have to remember (as my friends keep telling me!) that muscle mass weighs way more than fat, so the scales can be deceiving if you are working out loads. But if you stick to aerobic activity (Zumba and Step are my faves) then it can do nothing but help. For every muscle you develop, the more calories you will burn doing absolutely nothing!

Okay, you can see I'm a big proponent of exercise - I lost over 100lbs about 11 years ago and I'm convinced its been my semi-regular exercise routine that's kept it off all these years.

Best of luck to you!

Back