First day back on Slimming World - but how will I lose weight?

Tinsel81

Hi all!

I've done SW intermittently but never for very long because my weight loss was slow. I had more success with the old WeightWatchers Core plan, which they no longer support.

I'm giving SW another go but this time want to make sure it works for me so I've totted up the calories for my first day using MyFitnessPal. It comes out at 2000 calories, which is the recommended daily amount for a woman. I'm surprised as I didn't think the food I'd planned was excessive and it's all free foods plus my HEs. I'm not sure how I'll lose weight with SW now (I would probably have eaten even more if I hadn't calorie-counted - I would usually include more fruit snacks).

One of the main reasons I'm attracted to SW is that there's no need to count calories, weigh or measure so it's perfect for someone like me who works long hours, but if a "good" SW day's food comes out at 2000 calories then I'm wondering if this is the right plan for me! Seems like if I stop calorie-counting then I won't lose weight.

I do all green days, as I'm veggie. Does this meal plan for today look like it's greedy pig territory?

Breakfast: 28g porridge oats (HEB), 250ml skimmed milk (HEA), banana
Lunch: 3-bean chilli (my recipe - kidney beans, chickpeas, loads of veg), portion of basmati rice, scoop of very low-fat soft cheese
Tea: 125g pasta with home-made pasta sauce, olive oil roasted veg (HEB) and mozarella (HEA)
Snacks: Coffee with skimmed milk (from HEA allowance) x 2, Red Delicious apples x 2
Syns: 0

Last edited:
Hi all!

I've done SW intermittently but never for very long because my weight loss was slow. I had more success with the old WeightWatchers Core plan, which they no longer support.

I'm giving SW another go but this time want to make sure it works for me so I've totted up the calories for my first day using MyFitnessPal. It comes out at 2000 calories, which is the recommended daily amount for a woman. I'm surprised as I didn't think the food I'd planned was excessive and it's all free foods plus my HEs. I'm not sure how I'll lose weight with SW now (I would probably have eaten even more if I hadn't calorie-counted - I would usually include more fruit snacks).

One of the main reasons I'm attracted to SW is that there's no need to count calories, weigh or measure so it's perfect for someone like me who works long hours, but if a "good" SW day's food comes out at 2000 calories then I'm wondering if this is the right plan for me! Seems like if I stop calorie-counting then I won't lose weight.

I do all green days, as I'm veggie. Does this meal plan for today look like it's greedy pig territory?

Breakfast: 28g porridge oats (HEB), 250ml skimmed milk (HEA), banana
Lunch: 3-bean chilli (my recipe - kidney beans, chickpeas, loads of veg), portion of basmati rice, scoop of very low-fat soft cheese
Tea: 125g pasta with home-made pasta sauce, olive oil roasted veg (HEB) and mozarella (HEA)
Snacks: Coffee with skimmed milk (from HEA allowance) x 2, Red Delicious apples x 2
Syns: 0

Hi hun I made the mistake of calorie counting whilst on sw and now I can't stop thinking about the cals. I agree sw is a slower weight loss than ww but I think it's more sustainable in the long run.

Your diary looks good and you defiantly haven't over eaten. Not sure if the low fat soft cheese would be syns.

Back