First day of quit smoking

lynnwilliams

Silver Member
I got my appointment from the nhs quit smoking.I decided to do the patches and here i am on my first day, feeling great, not craving for a fag atm.Usually i have had 5 by now.Lol
I will be going into town later so my mind will be occupied and wont think about it.The lady said well done on losin weight and quit smoking at the same time, she said i wont tell you it will be easy as it wont, but she said you can do it.

Good luck, I am sure you can do it. I think you are quitting at the best time, as if you waited until after you had reached your target weight - they say when some people quit smoking they comfort eat. So in my opinion although it won't be easy, I think you are doing it at a good time & it will do wonders for your health - so well done.

Yeah i agree with that. Cant reach out for food, as its a case of old mother hubbard..haha..but not quite..hehe
My husband says i am better off doing it now.

Good luck,I have bought myself an e cigarette ready for 2nd Jan!!
xx

Good on you for quitting. I think doing both is the way to go as you cant use food as a crutch for no ciggies and you cant use ciggies as a crutch for no food. It def wont be easy but sounds like you are well on the way.
After a few weeks of CD and no ciggies you will be feeling absolutely brand new - what a treat to yourself for Christmas.
Why not put the money you would be spending on cigs away and treat yourself in the January sales to some new clothes to show off how much weight you've lost.

Oh that's brilliant! You body must love you right now - weight loss and no more smoking. I hope it plays nicley and you feel ok-ish.

Well done lynn

A lady in our group stopped smoking the day she started on LL. She is doing great, she hasnt smoked or ate!

Good Luck and remember POSITIVE THINKING!

Hey all a quick catch up on day 3 and i am feeling great not craved for ciggies or food. I even went out into town Friday night and was not wanting a ciggie, even with people smoking round me, my mates kept trying to get me drink alcohol and i stuck to my guns! They did go on at me all night..lol.

Day 4.Woke up @ 2am had a dream bout ciggies..:8855:.Managed to get back to sleep, was woken by the phone at 8:30am. But feeling rather positive still and feeling great.:D

Day 5 has been good for not smoking, but have been craving food..doh! Im finding it quite easy though as each day goes by.I have to try and not eat..i was naughty tonight but back on track tomorrow morning(naughty husband) for convincing me its ok for him he has nearly lost his 5st, i think he has forgotten about me trailing behind;(

Well done, you are doing so well! Keep up the good work!

hey hunni how u doing? are u back on ll or still on cd? havent heard much from ya hope ur ok xxx

just saw your post well done its my first day today without a cigarette my patch is nearly hanging off and i am craving are you on the patches if so where do do stick them i put mine on my arm but it is hanging off now meaning its not working!!!!!! whats the best place to put them so htey dont come off

just saw your post well done its my first day today without a cigarette my patch is nearly hanging off and i am craving are you on the patches if so where do do stick them i put mine on my arm but it is hanging off now meaning its not working!!!!!! whats the best place to put them so htey dont come off
I found the same problem with them unsticking so i put them on my boob..lol under my bra had no problems since.
To be honest i have not craved for fag, but i am struggling on cd as im starving at night.I thik where i was used to having 4 food packs a day on ll.

Back