First day of the rest of my life

Magickxx

I have been obese for 10 years and frankly the only thing keeping me there was my complete lack of self worth.

On Saturday it was like a bell went off. I am worth the effort, I deserve to be my best self and godammit I will be.

I owe it to my husband, my daughter and most of all to myself.

I have spent too long feeling that I am worthless and that I should be ashamed of myself. I should feel ashamed with myself but only for not doing this sooner.

This thread will help keep me accountable and hopefully I and whomever reads this can help to support each other to become our best selves.

Healthy and happy.

Last edited:
I met with my consultant yesterday to do some swaps of things that I really couldn't stand. Whilst I was there she wanted to do a measurement to see how it was going at the start. 7lbs down already! Yes some will be water and I do have a serious amount to lose so it does start quicker but to hell with it, 7lbs in 3 days, sticking to it 100%

Just could not swallow the strawberry and banana smoothie today. I think it is the chunks of strawberry that bothered me. I have had the odd occasion of not being able to take or finish the shakes and soups. Worrying that without it my calorie intake will be too low and go into starvation mode though. Feeling good though and not particularly hungry so may have to stock up on some ready mades that I can interchange as I never have a problem with those.

Last edited:
Weigh in last night and I have lost 10lbs! Thrilled with that even though i know a lot will be water weight. Feeling good about the week ahead but know its the weekends that are the hardest for me so far. Having to do a supermarket shop with the family and the smell of the bakery....couldve killed me this week, it. was. hard!

I definitely have more energy and have been waking up early too, ok i like to roll over for snuggle and snooze still but i am waking up feeling refreshed which is a great feeling that i am not used to!

I dont know if all consultants let you swap but mine is great, i need someone to hold me accountable and who has been through and understands so she is worth her (healthy) weight in gold!

Last edited:
Weigh in last night and I have lost 10lbs! Thrilled with that even though i know a lot will be water weight. Feeling good about the week ahead but know its the weekends that are the hardest for me so far. Having to do a supermarket shop with the family and the smell of the bakery....couldve killed me this week, it. was. hard!

The weekends are hardest for me too, when I am at work my day is very structured so I have my first 'meal' at lunchtime and then have the other 2 when I get home. I just have to keep myself very busy at the weekends. I do my food shopping online, would that help Magic? xxx

The weekends are hardest for me too, when I am at work my day is very structured so I have my first 'meal' at lunchtime and then have the other 2 when I get home. I just have to keep myself very busy at the weekends. I do my food shopping online, would that help Magic? xxx

As both hubby and I are dieting with meal replacement products we are only shopping for our eight year old so wouldn't spend enough for online shopping I wouldn't have thought.

It was really difficult but because it is only for little un realistically we shouldn't need to go again for around 3 weeks. With the exception of topping up on bread milk and fruit which we can do at the local shop thankfully.

I think it was just really poorly timed and next time will go as soon as we've had our lunch so at least shouldn't feel starving!

Sounds like you are doing well!! Are you exercising too? Diet is very important of course but I found as soon as I started to exercise -that's when my weight started coming off and it made me motivated! Plus it has been great for my mental health. Started walking my dog every night, gradually going further and further. Then progressed to half n half jogging and walking now I can run a full 3k which I do (almost) every night. My dog has never been so happy either lol.

Good luck on your journey - Good Luck :)

I walk/jog around a mile after work a couple days a week or so if I can. I cant go far and i cant go fast. It's bloody hard work at my size! I started to do it about a month or so ago but my consultant was concerned as unless your body is really used to it, then exercise isn't advised during the first month whilst your body gets used to the VLCD. As I had only been doing it a couple of weeks I now only do a few days and it does depend on how late I work, hubby shifts for childcare etc.

I do enjoy it and it has taken a lot for me to just ignore other people. Really took courage to do it the first time, very conscious of other people thinking 'look at the state of her as I sweat and puff slowly down a path.

I had one person out walking their dog say 'fair play to you for trying to do something about it' and that changed it all for me. People aren't thinking look at that whale try to run (although I'm sure some might!) , most seem to be positive about how I am trying change and determined to change.

I have an extra product on a jog day though so my metabolism can handle the exercise

Last edited:
Just had a cappuccino shake for lunch. I love coffee but can't drink it as I get insane headaches so was looking forward to giving this a try.

First taste reminds me of butterscotch, mmmm butterscotch, but then there is a serious kick of coffee!

I can honestly say that this is the first shake that I havent had to just neck it and get it over with. Yum!

Have been plodding the past few days quite merrily but genuinely felt awful and drained yesterday evening so had a boiled egg. My calorie intake so far has ranged from 400 - 550 per day but really felt the slump. My CDC said it was the best choice i could have made so proud that mentally i am making the right choices. I do worry that come maintenance all the weight will come back on so am pleased with even the smallest good decision.

The battle with my weight is mainly mental so really focusing on re-training my brain and seeing food as fuel to make the best choices.

This morning my scale shows 18st 1lb....dont quite trust it and i know my daily fluctuations can be a good 3lb morning to evening but if that is anywhere near realistic for this week i will be thrilled after such a big loss last week. Wont update my stats until official CDC WI on Monday though.

Alongside my weekday job, I am a professional face and body painter at the weekends and today am off to paint at a birthday party. I nearly always get offered birthday cake and leftover party food so this will be a real test for me, first party whilst on cambridge and im a sucker for a cocktail sausage!

Wish me luck!

day 14 on 100% SS today. Feeling good although a bit bloated after my breakfast tetra.

A pipe has broken in our bathroom and the earliest a plumber can come to fix it is Tues so unable to use the bath since Thursday! :oops: Cant wait any longer so this morning the fam and I decided to go swimming, it is good exercise and well recommended for toning so I consider that a bonus to being able to wash my hair!

Shattered and achy in the best way from a good 2 hours in the pool and really hoping for a good 4lb loss at WI tmrw to take me to my first stone gone forever!

Hope you all have been having a good weekend

Just had my 2 week WI and i have lost 3 inches from my waist, 4 inches from my arse (hooray!) and another 6lb off the scales. That is a total 1st 2 lb gone forever in only 2 weeks!

Came over quite emotional stood on those scales, why the hell didn't i do this sooner?

Hope you all are having good weeks so far!

Last night I had one of those crazily vivid dreams I have heard people talk about. Between one of my colleagues, an old friend i havent seen in years and a random teenage boy, we ate a whole big tub of celebrations! Took me a minute when i woke up to realise that it was only a dream and i hadnt fallen off the wagon :)

What i find most strange is that it was chocolate? I'm not really a big fan of chocolate, unless it is dark choc so of all things why dream of a choc binge? :confused: Crisps i would understand as i love salty and savoury but i am most definitely not going to break my diet for chocolate!

Back