First day of the rest of my life

It has been a really hard few days this week. I went for a jog after work a few days ago, I cant go very far and I cant go very fast but I enjoy it and am trying to get healthier. I heard a pop and had very intense pain in my leg, like I had been shot with a paintball gun. A&E diagnosed a ruptured calf muscle (medial gastrocnemius for the medical minded out there) so I am on crutches and total non-weight bearing for 2 weeks. Needless to say, despite my best efforts, I cant even weigh as I'm either taking weight on my arms or too wobbly on one leg to get a reading.

Ate shite the other day after hours in a&e, the family and I were starving and being so unexpected, I wasn't prepared with a bar or anything.

Feeling like a right pillock and rather sorry for myself. 2 days of being back 100% and so annoyed as I was doing so well.

Oh well, one blip isn't the end of the world and i wrote it off as a need rather than caving to a craving so could be worse, shame that there weren't any sensible options open at that time in the evening so chip shop it was.

Just sore and miserable atm and won't be a weigh in this Monday unfortunately. Should be able to WI next week I'm hoping.

Hope you all have had a better week than I have!

So sorry to hear this Magic, I hope you manage to make a quick and full recovery Hun.

Well done for getting back on the wagon though. that shows that your mind is definitely in the right place. You take care Hun. xxx

So sorry to hear this Magic, I hope you manage to make a quick and full recovery Hun.

Well done for getting back on the wagon though. that shows that your mind is definitely in the right place. You take care Hun. xxx

Thank you Jac, I didn't particularly want crap to begin with, purely a result of hours in A&E miles away from home. Prepared for eventualities now though and always have a spare pack in my bag!

Hope you feel better and heal soon. Look on the bright side-walking with crutches uses up more energy than walking normally so you'll be burning off more fat :)

Hope you feel better and heal soon. Look on the bright side-walking with crutches uses up more energy than walking normally so you'll be burning off more fat :)
Oh I like that one! Got to love a silver lining. It truly is exhausting!

Back