First day on Cambridge

Hi All,

So today is my first day on the Cambridge diet.

Im getting married at the end of April and hoping to lose at least 3 stone for it.

Just about to have my first every product and going for the apple and cinnamon porriage.

I think im going to find this hard so thought i would join the forum for support.

Last edited:
good luck - hope you liked the porridge (many don't!)

Was not a fan of the porridge, had one spoonful and that was enough!
Wasnt that keen on the soup i had for lunch either, please tell me this gets easier?

it does. try everything - there are so many flavours, you'll likely find something you like. I only really like two of the soups... i like a handful of shake flavours but mostly just have tetras. and in week three you get the bars. bars are yummy.

i think pellet form sweetners are fine.

tetras are ready-made shakes in cartons. They have a slightly different taste, which some people prefer - but mostly they're unbeatable if you're lazy.

I have bought 4 of the ready made shakes so may try one when i get home.

Have to say im know gettingreally hungry and shakey might just go home have the shake and then go to bed. this is so much harder than i thought

it's unsurprising that you're feeling rough - but i promise you, if you can stick it out til ketosis, you'll feel transformed.

and for me, the fear of going through those first days again has kept me on the straight and narrow ever since!

Everyone does say the first few days are the hardest so i will stick it out and hopefully i will find some of the food nice.

Thanks for the support.

it's unsurprising that you're feeling rough - but i promise you, if you can stick it out til ketosis, you'll feel transformed.

and for me, the fear of going through those first days again has kept me on the straight and narrow ever since!

Hi spangles, just a quick question...what are the signs of ketosis? All I have at the mo is a really dry mouth?!?!? Xx

i felt headachey and shivery when i was going in, but once i was in ketosis i didn't really have any symptoms, other than the lack of hunger (not the same as a lack of a desire for food). i'm really lucky (especially as i'm a secondary school teacher) not to get keto-breath.

if you stick to it, ketosis will come - and you'll know, because you won't feel hungry most of the time..

Back