First day on Slimming World :)

There are lots of idiot proof recipes on here so I am sure you will soon get the swing of coming up with yummy meals to stop you getting bored. Also lots of ways of sneaking in veg without feeling you're eating nothing but greenery hehe

Oh and brown sauce is 1 syn per table spoon :)

Keep us posted on how you do hun! Im sure your doing fantastically well! :D

Yesterday was a very bad day for me, I was away from home all day, didn't eat breakfast before i left and when i got back i had to go straight to work, but i know if i had prepared my food in advance i would have been fine, so i now know to bring food to work with me as last night was proof i cant resist the crisps and nuts at work when i'm hungry :(

food for Friday:

ham & Cheese toastie from M&S Cafe
Tea 1 sugar
Some pineapple & activia yoghurt
Potnoodle chicken & mushroom flavour
Packet of cheese & onion tatyo and dry roasted nuts
2 more teas with 1 sugar in each

Awful!!!:mad:

Today's a new day!

You're right, nobody can resist bad food when they're hungry! I had to stop myself going to the supermarket when I got home from work yesterday cos I knew if I did I'd come back with junk for tea! I'll do some shopping today...

Can you keep some SW friendly food with you? I carry around a tub of herby rice :D - or sometimes a ziplock bag of one HEB of almonds and one of dried apricots... If I've already got hungry, an apple doesn't quite cut it unless I'm feeling particularly virtuous!

As I say, today's a new day! Go for it!

You will never manage to live forever being saintly. Everyone has days where they lose it no matter how long they've been doing the plan. I think the key to success is being able to draw a line under a bad day and get straight back on plan the next.

When I'm caught short without anything prepared I buy sainsburys be good to yourself cous cous with chargrilled veg. The whole pot is 1 syn and is a filling meal!

Hope you've managed to get back on track hon.

Thanks for your replies girls, i am back on track and will make sure to eat before work as i know if i let myself get hungry it's a recipie for disaster!

Food for sat:

3 sausages (denny reduced fat skinny ones, cant remember syn value) lean bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes and beans)

2 nectarines

1 tea ( 1 syn)

Packet of quavers (5 syns)

That was it for yesterday, could have beenb etter with more fruit and veg but just didnt fel that hungry!

Hi everyone, i havn't posted since Saturday and have to admit my food intake has not been great this past two days, weigh in tomorrow and i wont be suprised if i have gained.

Food for sunday:

had nothing until dinner time then went for an italian- had steak with pasta and a spicy tomato sauce, not sure of the syns in this?

a white hot chocolate, also not sure of syns in this either:confused:

cup of tea (1 sugar)

some strawberries

Packet of low fat supernoodles

Alpen light

Diet club orange

Food for Monday:

chicken burger with lettuce and a little mayo from chippie :sigh:

alpen light bar

2 boiled eggs and 2 nimble (HEB)

handful of bacon fries

tea 1 sugar

Really changing my ways today, had wheatabix with berries for brekkie and going to eat a healthy dinner with loads of veg and snack on fruit.

Hey there - it doesn't look as though you went too far off track those last couple of days, and you're well and truly back on track now! Other days you seem to eat well under 15 syns, so you can definitely eat more every now and then. Can you get used to sweetener instead of sugar in your tea? Have a good day today!

Thanks everyone!

Beautifulmess - i'm glad to say i am back on track now and i am going to try my hardest to stay on plan, I get annoyed at myself when i fail as the plan is so easy to stick to, i just dont think before making a bad choice :mad: Execise wise, i do a bit but nowhere near enough compared to what i used to do, i used to train in kickboxing 4 times a week and loved it but had to stop due to work & college :(

Fit4hols - i am going to start using sweetener instead of sugar, i have tried it at class and it's not too bad, will get it in the shop later on :D

Glad you're back on track Ausbound. Good luck with your weigh in this week! Surprised myself with a pound off despite terrible pmt etc
Now feel ready to enjoy myself in Belfast wooo hooooooo

well i lost 1lb at weigh in yesterday and got my half stone reward. I'm pleased with that as i was bad, but looking to do better next week. Only 13 weeks until i move away so the pressure is on to move down the scales :eek:

I have had the worst evening ever :cry:

my cousin who also happens to be a hairdresser done my hair for me tonight, i asked for 1/2 an inch off the ends and to trim my layers...she took at least 3 inches off, she just would not top chopping. I am so annoyed about it because my hair was the one thing i liked about myself and it was so long and thick, she also thinned it so much i now have a rats tail as a ponytail, i could cry. I am acually to depressed and annoyed to bother to post my food for today so i'll do it tomorrow.

P.S. sorry for the non SW related rant.

So i'm back after my rant about the hair, still hate it but i figured if i loose weight, that will make up for having horrible hair :)

I didn't have time over the weekend to post my food intake, but i was fairly good.

Food for today (21.06.11)
Wheatabix Minis with milk-HEA
Homemade Beef stirfry
Muller light
1 small orange
Bacon sandwich-HEB
2 strawberries

Drinks:

7up free
water

That's the spirit!
Back from Belfast, soooooo lovely. My friend took me to a michelin star restaurant as a surprise. It was stunning :drool: but dreading weigh in tonight!!!

Hi there, hope you get on ok at weigh in, don't worry if you have gained at least you enjoyed yourself and you can just focus on getting it off again for next week :D

I just realised that i messed up my HEX's yesterday. I had cereal for breakfast then forgot myself and had two slices of nimble, so i'm going to have to count one as syns :(

I also had two packets of velvet crunch which are 4 syns each, and i think the bread is 2 1/2 per slices, so total syns for yesterday - 13.

Food for today 21.06.11
Honey nut shredded wheat-HEA & milk-HEB with strawberries

Baked potato with chicken, ham, sweetcorn and a small bit of motzrella

1 Orange

Velvet crunch (4 syns)

Muller light

you sound like you're really on it Aus-bound, good for you! How's your hair now?

I only put on 1.5 lb thought it would be worse and my holiday was definitely worth it :D

Beautifulmess- that's not so bad, u will have it off for next week. I have weigh in tomorrow and hope to have 2lb off although i will be happy with anything at off. Still don't like the hair but i'm just dealing with it, got this oil thats supposed to help your hair grow so using away at that.

Minimum- Good luck for tomorrow, you will not regret it, i have only been on it a while but if you have any questions feel free to ask :)

Just had some pineapple, a mugshot and 3 choc fingers. Total syns for today= 9

Had 2lb off today at WI, very happy with that. Plan of action for this week is to stick to plan and not go off the rails at the weekend. I also plan to go to the gym and go swimming at the weekend.

I bought some kitchen scales today as i have only been estimating the weight of my HEX's:eek:

I also bought some scan bran at class today, it's supposed to sppe up your weighloss so i'll give it a go, although it doesn't look very appetising.

Food for today so far 22.06.11

2 small bits of pineapple

1 tea with sweetener

Turkey mince ( think it's free) 3 denny reduced fat sausages (does anyone know the syns in these, i have been given a few different numbers but think there 1.5 per sausage) potatoes, carrots, peas and cabbage and gravy (1.5 syns)

Packet of velvet crunch (addicted - 4 syns)

To be continued...

Hi everyone it was my third week on slimming world this week and i got my half a stone award :) would just like to say well done to you all on your fab weight losses and im hoping i can do as well as you all x

Back