First day today!

wannabslim

Gold Member
Hi all,

Just to let you know I just got back from my doctors and he gave me the thumbs up to go ahead with LL!! I'm so happy, I'm off to my first meeting in about 10 mins and can't wait. I will be keeping a record of my journey on A Lighter Life For Me to prove that this whole thing isnt a big set-up and that anyone can do it, as it sounds almost too good to be true! I want to be an inspiration to myself and to others and I hope that I can do it.

To those of you who are already well on your way I would like to say well done, and THANKYOU for giving me the inspiration and encouragement to convince me that it works and I should go ahead with it. Who knows, in 14 weeks I may have to thank you again for changing my life!- I hope so!

Speak to you all very soon,

Well done!

Keep us informed!

That is brilliant about your doctor! Do you live so close to the LL meetings?

Keep us informed!

Good luck Nikki! It's a journey so worth while!

Take care,

Wannabslim - good for you! You sound so positive. This diet really is the best. Every morning I get up and just want to shout out to the world how good this diet is. It is a bit difficult to start off with, but believe me when you get past your first week you'll be much happier and full of energy. I wish you lots of luck!!!
Hope you met a nice group at your first meeting.

Just got back and had my first Thai Chilli!

Hey all,

Thanks so much for your good wishes! I'm so glad I am on the wagon now, I just had my first Thai Chilli and have to admit i did struggle through it as it was a bit spicy for me, but it wasnt too bad! Just like a cup-a-soup. But it was weird, as I was drinking it, I was thinking "i'm drinking the weight away" rather than "im eating yummy soup"- the first step towards changing my attitude to food is not far off i think!

I have to have a raspberry shake now, I've planned my menu for the week so I can have a variation of flavours and not get too sick of it. Cos I missed brekkie this morning as hadn't got my foodpacks I'm having a savoury and a sweet pack for lunch.

The meeting was really good, quite a lot of time spent weighing and stuff but the DVD was good and a lot of my questions were answered. Its a bit of a pain tho as we have 3 new people starting next week so we're redoing this week so that they dont miss out... so its gonna be a bit tedious i think. Oh well, if it helps them on their way its important they get the first week of counselling too. Got my stop-in on Friday at 6pm so will let you all know how it goes. Probs won't get much chance to write on here til then but maybe one or two progress posts to let you know how I'm dealing with ketosis!

Love you all! xx

Hi Nikki,
I just wanted to add my GOOD LUCK comments to the list. I also think that this is a brilliant diet, and I am SO GLAD that I finally took control and got on board. Even though I still have a lot to lose (approx. 6 stone) I am already nearing the first 4stone weight loss target having just completed the foundation stage. Every day I am noticing little differences (not having to prop myself up with my arm to turn over in bed, shaving legs easier etc. etc.) I could actually go on and on over the things that I have noticed - and I certainly feel so excited at the thought of what life will be like once all my excess weight has gone.
I really hope that you have a good group, as this really does help, and if you are anything like me, it took me a few weeks before I was comfortable to "open up" but once I did, it was so enlightening.
WELCOME ABOARD NIKKI!

Back