First day with so much to lose

Hi to everyone out there, my names Julie and its my first day on the Cambridge, tried it over two years ago and I lost 5 stone in 3 months!! sadly I didnt maintain and the weight I lost went back on and a stone more:cry:

I'm 39 years of age and weigh 21stone 3 lbs. Ive not set myself any targets other than to take each hour as it comes.

Would welcome any tips, advise or anything else you want to throw at me :)

Hello hippychick and welcome back to CWP. You've taken the first and probably biggest step to getting a hold of your life again so welcome on board for the rollercoaster of a journey :)

No point in saying how awful first few days are as you've been there and done it and been successful. What have you got to look forward to to keep you motivated and keep you on track. What pushed you to do it last time for you to be successful and can you identify what prevented you from maintaining that you can focus on to change this time?

I really wish you every success and look forward to reading your successes :) xx

Hi and welcome.
You already know the hard bits, and the good bits, so it's just about staying as focused as you can.
Good luck. :)

Hi Julie.

I'm in a really similar position to you. Starting day 1 today having previously lost over 5 stone on the plan. Devastated to find I was only 1lb less than I was when I started last time. We've done it before and we can certainly do it again. : D

Hi Happychick, Good luck with your journey, it won't be easy but if you need any support i am here. I have restarted today, i lost a stone and a half a yr ago and gave up, i have since put that back on plus another 8lb so starting weight is 16st7lb.

I gave up smoking some years ago with the NHS service where you have group therapy to help you try and understand the addiction. A couple of things they said really stuck in my mind and, I think, can definitely be applied to losing weight. First was that the majority of people make two or three serious attempts to stop before they manage to give it up for good. Second was that those attempts are not wasted, all the experience helps you next time. Third was to keep trying as your health will benefit for the time without smoking (or carrying extra pounds).
So I have also lost before and put it back on, and I am back to try again. It's too important not to.

Hi Julie, welcome back to CD!! First of all, well done you for giving CD another go :) you already know that the first few days won't be easy, but you also know where you went wrong last time and you won't make the same mistake again! The forum is always here when you need support with lots of other people in a similar position. Just reading the posts has really helped me stay on track sometimes. I wish you the best of luck and look forward to hearing about your future losses! :) xx

Hello as someone with more to lose than yourself its daunting but its a life change and whats 6 months, 9 months or even a year of your life to get yourself into a fit and healthy shape ? stick at it and you will reap the benefits !

Back