First day!

ciwti

Well, started the tablets today and feel excited/ nervous. Really hope it works! Got the shock of my life when I weighed at the Dr's today - a full stone heavier than I thought I was. But at least I'm doing something about it I guess.

Just wondering - how dramatically did everyone change their diets when you started taking them? Was it a matter of cutting down portion wise etc thus eating less fat or just eating completely differently? Plus, what realistically should I expect as a first week weight loss?

Thanks all! x

the fact that i weighed 19 1/2st when i started and am now 18st i had to change my eating compleatly, all i ate was crap full of fat so obviously it had to be drastic for me.. depending how you ate before will tell you how dramatic of a change is going to be needed for yourself... i wouldnt get too excited about the 1st week as it takes about a week to get into your system properly.. but saying that i lost 4lbs on my 1st week and there are other girls (which im sure will be along soon) that lost more then that and others that lost less, so it all depends on you really everybody reacts so differantly while taking these tablet (as i found out after eating a pork steak the other day even though others could have them several times a week.. horrid side effects the next day)...

so just play it a day at the time for now, your at the begining it may be fast for you or it may be slow. but at the end of the day every bit lost counts towards the end goal...

oh ps welcome to xenical :)

Do you know the rules for these tablets? I think most people have a dramatic change in diet. You have to look on the backs of all food that you eat etc. The rules are (just in case you weren't aware) is that we can't eat or drink anything that has more then 5g of fat per 100g of product. It doesnt matter if you dont eat 100g of that product, if it has more than 5g per 100 then its a no no. We're also not allowed to eat more than 15g of fat per meal either.
At first you'll find it a big change to normal, but it becomes 2nd nature.

Good Luck xx

the rules are key,following the rules automatically changes how you eat,and in a good and positive way.

weight los differs for everyone and there are things that factor in. my first week in i lost 10lbs..ive had weekly losses, of 2lbs, 3lbs,5lbs and 9lbs...

good luck!!

Thanks all. Was following a pretty low fat diet anyway just basically eating too much of even things that are good for you. Only thing I've changed really is cutting out chocolate which has been my downfall. Hope it works! One other question - this orange oil. Does it only happen if you eat too much fat or should I expect it anyway? Thanks all x

No it will only happen if you have too much fat/oil. thats the big givaway that you have over done it..

Welcome to the Xenical forum. Agree with everything everyone else has said, stay within the rules and you'll not get any orange oil/any other side effects. When I started the tabs (April 2008), I started keeping a food diary, and I kept a record of what I ate, and the fat grammes in it. I still keep a food diary, although now I record calories as almost everything I eat is less than 5% fat ( there are some exceptions, but these don't cause me any grief lol)
Good luck on your weight loss journey
x

Back