Step 1 Sole Source First Day

medsec24

Just wanted to say Hi!

Today is my first day of SS. So far so good, but ive yet to make tea for my other half and the kids. Hopefully i wont fall at the first hurdle :)

X

Omg its hard, already feel headachy, thinkin about food constantly :-( oh well, off to drink some water :). Any other new starters out there?

Feelin hungry at the mo, but the kids have just got in from school so im usually cooking and picking at food at this time. I am actually dreading making their tea in case i cant resist. But im going to have my soup and yet more water and stay strong :-/.

How are you getting on? Have you just started today too?

Oh no don't give in you can do it!

I started CD in April time and lost over a stone in under 3 weeks but then I went on holiday and gave up :( I started again today I'm feeling ok at the minute but from my past experience the first 3 days are the worst but after that it was a breeze!

How long are you looking to stay on the diet?

Im lookin to do the SS plan for as long as i can, hopefully the full 12wks initially then reassess. Although i may nd to go on the SS+ as my job requires me to be quite active so may feel more hungry when at work, but im going to see how i get on with this first. Ive tried loads of diets with small amounts of success then just put the weight back on plus more on top. All the stories on here are spurring me on.

Height 5'3"
Start weight 13st 9lb

Just having the soup, its quite nice :)

Are you doing the SS plan?

Yes same here I've tried other diets but they're not restricting enough, I find Cambridge easier which is mad but when I know I'm not meant to eat then I'm more likely to stick to it!

Ok cool I'm 5'3 and 11 stone 4 but I'm hoping to get to 8 stone 4!!!

Which soup? I don't like the soups I love chocolate ready made shakes and chocolate mint shakes with hot water are nice they taste like hot chocolate!!

Yeah I'm doing SS, lots of water really helps :) x

Yeah i feel the same, its crazy, but if i know im only allowed 3 of these products per day then i think its easier than having to worry about portion control or points etc.

Today i have had strawberry ready made shake and oriental chilli soup, both tasted nice. The soup made me feel fuller than the shake so i def like the sound of the hot choc, i could have that before bed. Ive had about 2litres of water so far today, aiming for another litre in the next few hrs.

Just making the family tea, but im not tempted as just had the soup.

Good luck, keep me posted with how your getting on.

Michelle x

Hi Guys,
Please can i join you?
I normally do WW but i fancied a detox, Day 1 starts tomorrow just weening myself off!!
Any advice? x

Hey ? sure!

My advice would be to think past days 3-4 because those are the hardest!! Don't give in once you're in kerosine you do actually feel great and will be so amazed with the results! Also water helps a lot!!!!!!!

Xx

Well ive just got in from work, surrounded by temptation, managed to resist, but felt absolutely starvin, drank loads of water. Hows your day been overall?

I'm getting on okay but exactly the same feel starving! I've had a black coffee though which has helped should start to get easier from here!! :) x

Day 3 is hard!!!! At uni, everyone drinkin brews and havin choc at breaktime, felt sorry for myself and deprived haha. Oh well keep on with the water. Hope you are both doin good today x

Ps how do i no when im in ketosis? X

Same I'm at work and everyone is eating cakes around me!!!!! I will not give in though!

Usually you go into ketosis on days 3 to 4, you feel really headachey and tired, after a couple of days you feel full of energy! You can buy ketostix aswell that measure your urine to see if you are in ketosis but usually if you haven't cheated you will be on your way there already!

X

Back