First Diary! :)

Hi everyone! I've joined slimming world last Thursday for the first time. Been conscious of my weight as long as I can remember and spend my days looking longingly at the lovely slim girls I work with wishing I could look like them! Decided to finally do something, my friend and I have joint slimming world together (although she is tiny and looking to lose about half a stone!)

First meeting was so friendly and I was so surprised. At the dreaded weigh in I faced up to the fact I've put at least 2 stone on over the years. My starting weight is 14 stone 3! I'm 5ft10 and have been a size 12/14 for years now, although now I'm definitely a 14/16. Panicked when my go-to comfy work trousers size 14 would not do up!!

So my weigh in is a Thursday. Which is good I think as it gives some time to get over the weekend! I haven't kept a strict diary since then but I THINK I've been ok, this weekend I had a wedding, christening and a night camping so it was so hard. Syns have been used on vodka line and sodas!

Generally been having bran flakes with semi skimmed milk for breakfast (HEA and HEB) and usually a piece of fruit mid morning.

All last week I brought a jacket potato and salad t work, with either tuna, chilli, beans etc which worked well.

I would just love to be under 11 stone. Don't know if that's possible!!

Plan for tomorrow is:

Breakfast: bran flakes (HEB) with natural yoghurt and blueberries.

Lunch: SW meatball pasta bake (HEA in the cheese on top) and a muller light.

Tea: is always a tricky one! I live at home at the moment and finish work at 7 so tea is usually on the table when I return! My family are reasonably healthy but when it comes to slimming world think it's all a bit daft!

Anyway going to have a read of everyone else's diary and hope I can be inspired!!

This sounds just like me lol.

I've started the slimming world diet today too. I also finish work at 7 so it's funny times that I eat!!

i also joined the gym this weekend and hoping this will help, I have a lot more to lose than you though!!

good luck! I'd love to know how you get on! :)

Bryony hopefully we will be able to inspire each other with coming in from work late and having energy to cook something up!

I'm still getting to grips with things, not sure how I'm doing at all, can't quite get my head round it!

Breakfast: half a grapefruit, blueberries and a kiwi.

Lunch: SW Meatball pasta bake out of last weeks magazine (HEA for the cheese on top)

Tea: prawn and chilli spaghetti with sundries tomatoes. This was mainly cooked in oil though by mother dearest so although all ingredients are free, oil definitely isn't!?

Snacks: pear, other half grapefruit, mugshot, mullerlight) all free) slice of toast and butter (definitely not free!!)

Drinks: water, green tea, one coffee with sweetener and milk (0.5 syns?)

Can anyone shed any light on my syns and where my HEB may come in?! Gotta be there somewhere!!

Dont quote me as only just started and finding my feet, but could the toast be HEB, and maybe syn the oil, oh hang on 1 tbsp of extra virgin oil is a HEb to_so depending on how much was used, if more maybe syn the rest, and the butter, although sorry not sure of all syns yet-I think it looks like you had a healthy day hun :) xxx

Edit the above are for green or orginal days-I am not sure about EE

Good luck with the rest of your weightloss xx

Ahh it's baffling me, thank you so much for your help! Today: (see if I'm getting the hang of this!!)

Breakfast: bran flakes (HexB) with blueberries, strawberries, couple of grapes and natural yoghurt (0.5 syns)

Lunch: small portion SW pasta bake (1/2 HexA), (1/2 syn for lean mince) big pot of raw salad veggies.(celery, carrot, cucumber, mushrooms, tomatoes)

Dinner: asda oven chicken with ham and leeks (4 syns) with jacket potato and salad.

Snacks: half grapefruit, mini flake (4 syns), mugshot, muller light.

Am I doing this right?! First ever weigh in tomorrow night, eek! Free lunch at work tomorrow is subway, gone for a salad hope this isn't too sinful!!!

So weigh in tonight and I lost 1.5lb. You hear of everyone losing loads in their first week so I'm a bit disappointed :(

Today's diary:

Breakfast: bran flakes with semi skimmed milk, strawberries and blueberries (HEA & HEB)

Lunch: subway chicken salad (all free, no sauce etc!)

Tea: lemon and cumin chicken and savoury rice (rice with onion, mushrooms, pepper and peas and soy sauce) (all free I think?)

Snacks: mugshot, freddo (5 syns), 2 pieces of ham.

Am I doing anything drastically wrong? :/ my friend is joining my gym next week so we are going to do classes together.

i think you are doing it right hun....i am still getting the hang of it. Are you doing ee days hun xxx

yay for the 1.5lbs loss xxxx

Yeah extra easy, don't think my brain could take on either of the other two yet!! I've booked loads of gym classes this week so hopefully that will help too.

Back