First ever gain

Hi everyone,
Laura, good advice. Its a shock sometimes to add up the calories you have eaten and see how low it is when you feel guilty about what you have eaten.

I agree totally about the grapes as well, I have decided to keep them out of my house for the time being because I can't control them properly.

And as for your gain Laura, I totally empathise, I saw an extra pound on the scales last week and freaked. But like you I also realised that I hadn't been counting my water properly. I feel much better now I'm making sure I have my full amount.

This maintaining bit is so mind boggling! But it feels good to know we are all in it together.

Best wishes for a great day

Claire

Thanks JDI

I tend to suffer from the "guilts" sometimes and like you say it can be totally out of proportion to what I have actually consumed - so sometimes totting up the calories can be a very positive thing. I am trying to not do this habitually because my ultimate goal is to be able to be "diet free" once I have found my feet and eat sensibly without points couting, calorie counting and dieting in general.
Perhaps that is a naive wish and not something I will be able to achieve in reality - but I say aim high and see where it takes you. My negative thinking has impacted so strongly on my life choices to this point that I want to see what happens when I ignore that little voice that keeps saying... "you can't, you won't, its impossible!"
Scary thing is that before LL - I didn't realise how much that little voice was holding me back.
Thanks for the post - how are you doing ?
Laura

Hi Laura, Claire xxxxx

Thanks ever so much, its amazing how you feel you have ate too much but reality when counting the calories its not too bad.

I've been really thinking today since starting management, I did hope to lose my last few pounds whilst doing management, the 1st week I did lose 3lbs, obviously the gain of 1.5 last week not exactly shocked as such but I'd hoped to still have gone down by 1lb, tonight is weigh in again, I am not confident as I had a huge dinner party yesterday for 10 people and I was out to impress, although it was a roast lamb dinner with all trimmings, I naughtily cooked roast pots in goose fat!, NO, I didnt have any, but my guests said they were to die for. I also made 3 naughty puds, (quite proud of myself actually)!
They were Raspberrys in kirsch tart tatain (sp), the creme anglais worked out beautifully, pear and raspberry crumble and treacle tart!, I also made custard from scratch using vanilla pods and cream.

Now, I did have a taster, and I mean taster, I am glad I did as it satisfied me completely, had I not tasted, old days would have seen me have all 3 puds in one dish and scoff scoff scoff.

I am sure it will level out and get to my target of 8.10 (lowest), I aim to manage between 8.10 and 9.2.

Anyway ladies, thankyou and I'll let you know tonights WI!, it wont be until tomorrow as I have got 3 nightduties in a row, (Boo Hoo :( )

Hi Girls,

Amazingly I lost 1.1lbs and pshycologically i am maintaining where I should albeit I would love to reach the 8.10 mark.

Drinking more water has helped although it was great not visiting the loo so often. I am going to enjoy cooked veggies this week, now that the colder weather is upon us, I can make some lovely hot veg soup, still love salad but looking forward to a change.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

sun xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

That is really fantastic news Sun, well done.
I was a little naughty and brought in cooked veg a week early because I was so cold and wasn't satisfied by cold raw veg/salad.
It made a big difference to how full/warm/satisfied I felt - lets hope it did the same for you..

Have a good day
Laura

you to Laura xx, thanks hun xxxxxxxx

Back