First ever thread, week 2 of diet finished

joh2605

Never done this before but I thought it might be good to have some encouragement and write things down.

I have done every diet imaginable, Slimming World, Atkins, WW, Lighterlife, you name it I've done it, and yet here I am heavier than I've ever been in my life (or at least I was 2 weeks ago).

This time I've decided that something else needs to change, and that's my attitude, towards food, myself and towards that horrible scary word EXERCISE.

I've started walking, and you know what I've found that I actually, almost, enjoy it.

A fortnight ago I would have turned white at the thought of walking a mile but the last two days I have increased my walk to 2 miles a day.

In addition to this, I have been cooking, now anyone who knows me knows that that is a huge thing, ok the food may still not be what the GP might call a perfect balanced meal, but it has been freshly prepared and not come out of the microwave which can only be a good thing.

I started off two weeks ago going to the doctor and asking for help, she started me on anti depressants and advised that only I could actually tackle my weight, and she's right.

I was 19st 9, last week I managed to attain 19st 2 and this morning I now weigh 18 st 12.

I still have a long long way to go, but hey everyone needs to start somewhere, wish me luck!!

Hi there :)

Your first loss is a great loss well done :D ! I was in your shoes not long ago, nearly fainting at the thought of walking. I guess I grew to comfortable with my boyfriend being able to drive me everywhere. It's a shame that the weight started to creep on as he done so though. I found that putting some motivational songs on my Ipod and walking home instead of taking the subway or on a rainy day getting off a stop early has helped me. On top of that I started a Zumba class, and it's AMAZING! :bliss:It's really good fun and I don't feel like the out of place 'fat one' as it's full of woman who are there for the same thing. I don't think I have seen one girl in a crop top yet :D BLISS!!

Good luck with next weeks weigh in x

Well done on your weight loss Joh! It takes a lot of motivation and stamina to start an exercise program so you've done really well!! Congratulations! :) x

Thank you guys, still feeling really motivated, long may it last.:D

Back