First expperience with slim fast

mcv

Silver Member
I guys, yesterday I decided that I was going to put on my cropped jeans, the last time I wore them was September. Much to my horror I could just about pull them over my hips let alone button them up. When I wore them last I wanted to loose about 1 1/2 stone. Fed up of feeling fat and bloated all the time I went out and bought slim fast chocolate shake, a bit dubious as I do suffer with my blood sugar dropping which results in me having the shakes, feeling sick and headaches. But I have decided to give it a go and see how I get on.
I know I need to loose weight, but have seriously been in denyal, convincing my self that when giving up smoking last September I have only gained a few pounds when in fact I think it's more like 1 1/2 stone so now I have 3 stone to loose!!
I am heavier now than when I was 9 months pregnant with my second child and the heaviest I have ever been in my life. I've been playing about with diets since I had my son I've done slimming world and calorie counting and do very well on both if I am mentally in the zone, but I just cant seem to stay there for very long.
So I thought while the children are off school I will do slim fast and when they go back include some exercise, but I hope this will just give me a start, the boost I need to get me going in the right direction.
I am 5 ft 3 and weighed myself on Monday and was 13 st 7 lbs. I started yesterday and so far so good, no major blood sugar crash,
Today I have had a banana for breakfast as I couldn't face a shake first thing, I've just had a shake for lunch, I will have an apple for a snack about 2 pm, and a snack about 4 pm, then a shake when I get home at 6 pm and a chicken salad for my T. I've already drank a litre of water.
I am going to weigh myself on Friday as I won't then get a chance till a week on Monday as I am away, but will be able to keep to plan!
Cheers for reading and hoping to get to know you all x
Claire

Good luck, I think I have tried every diet going, was doing Cambridge but had to stop when money was tight, been doing slimfast but getting bored of flavours so ordered sample of choc mint by slimmm and it is delicious. So ordered few of them. Meal replacement like slimfast, this sample was creamy and filling. Good luck on your journey.

Oh cheers hun just been cringing at my denail excuses, the reason I had to buy size 16 jeans is because of the cut and the reason I am now squeezing into them is because they have shrunk in the wash!
There is no excuse really I've done this to myself and I have to get myself back on track
How long have u been doing sf?

Welcome Clare. I hope it all goes well for you.

I started off on SW last year and lost about a stone, but then regained a lot of it - it is just too easy to over-eat on that plan. I started with SF at the end of February. I am a slow loser, but it is definitely coming off slowly but surely and I've lost about 12lbs since I started.

SF works well for me as I have a very busy stressful job and it means I don't have to stress about something else - i.e.: choosing what I want to eat! I also have age and the menopause working against me (I am 53) so it is harder for me to shift it now, but I am determind to keep going.

I have just completed Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred programme which has made a MASSIVE difference to my body shape. I have lost several inches and a whole dress size, so I'd recommend it if you want to incorporate some cardio/toning into your programme. Be warned IT IS TOUGH :eek: but it's only 20 minutes (well about 28 if you count warm up and cool down too) and so worth it. I must admit I didn't lose much pound-wise, but I think the spectacular weight losses come to those who still have a lot to lose and I have only around 11lbs to go now; however, my body looks better than it has for 20 years so I am delighted with the results :D

Hi annya, I am 38 in november and would really like to of lost 2 st by then, bit I must say that it is definitely tougher late 30's than in my early 20's to loose the weight.
There's no doubt about it u have to be in the right frame of mind to loose weight but I think the ultimate key is exercise. My Job is very sedentary being a driving instructor, and at the moment hubbie works most evenings so finding time can be a bit awkward .
Well done on yr weight loss so far, I'm sure you won't b long till u get to goal, how fantastic will that feel ?!

Good luck, I think I have tried every diet going, was doing Cambridge but had to stop when money was tight, been doing slimfast but getting bored of flavours so ordered sample of choc mint by slimmm and it is delicious. So ordered few of them. Meal replacement like slimfast, this sample was creamy and filling. Good luck on your journey.

Have you tried blending different SF flavours Lindsey? Banana and Caramel make a GORGEOUS "Banoffee": Cafe Latte, Vanilla and Chocolate a lovely "Cafe Mocha": Strawberry and Vanilla make a very tasty Strawberries and Cream..... you get my drift?

I was wondering if blending a banana in my chocolate shake would be nice, it would thicken it up abit, of course it would have to count as a snack .
Day 3.... Quite surprised that my blood sugar has not crashed, but that's good as I can stick to it, again don't think I cud face a shake for breakfast so will have some fruit x weighing in in mornin, not expecting too much as its only been a few days but a 1 lb would be great, it would set me up to carry on the next 10 days while I am away !

I was wondering if blending a banana in my chocolate shake would be nice, it would thicken it up abit, of course it would have to count as a snack .

You could certainly try, although personally I would find it too thick and like a smoothie which I find a bit gagging :sign0137: I water my shakes down a bit (with water) already as I find them too thick, but that's just me I am quite funny about textures of food and drink.

Day 3.... Quite surprised that my blood sugar has not crashed, but that's good as I can stick to it, Great news! again don't think I cud face a shake for breakfast so will have some fruit I often have fruit and fat free Greek yoghurt for brekkie or plain porridge oats if I am feeling like a need some stodge. Oat so Simple sachet (plain oats) made up with half skimmed milk and half water comes to 100 cals and you can use that as a snack! x weighing in in mornin, not expecting too much as its only been a few days but a 1 lb would be great, I lost 4lbs on my first week (mostly water weight I am sure) but then it tailed off to about a pound a week...... sadly it looks like I might gain this week, but I am not sure why?!?!? it would set me up to carry on the next 10 days while I am away !

Enjoy your time out and good luck with weigh in tomorrow. I'll come back and touch base with you if you like as I am a Friday weigher too :)

Yes that would be great, I feel very positive as I don't feel bloated any more and I'm sure my double chin has shrunk lol we shall see tomorrow. X

Okey dokey..... "see" you tomorrow :D

Sadly 0.4lbs ON for me this week, but I am not really that surprised as I have been on and off track for the last 3 weeks travelling round the UK a lot for the charity I work for and not getting the exercise in nor logging absolutely everything that passed my lips.

Not a tragedy by any means, but a real incentive to fit something in every day again and watch all that I eat - nip it in the bud! Back to basics from today!

Well what a result that will definitely spur me on while I am away...... Monday I weighed in at 13st 7 lbs today...... Drum roll please....... 12st 13lb I make that 8 lbs!!!!!!
I know most of this will be fluid on the first week and not every week will be such a huge weight loss but it's a fantastic start.
I'm sure the bloating I had before had a lot to do with bread and I can definitely see the difference in the bulge between my boobs and tummy or as my hubbie calls it my second belly lol.
I will stick with it for the next 10 days and I am hoping for 1 - 2 lbs loss that will b great!
Can't believe I am now 12 something and not 13 something it's fantastic x

Good luck for this week, it's definitely hard when travelling, if I get a signal I will log on while I am away x

Oh, VERY well done you! I only lost 4lbs on my first week but it sure helped keep me going. I haven't that much to lose now and am trying to lose it slowly rather than my usual mad rush to get to target followed by the inevitable re-gain :(

Good luck to us both for next week - I am aiming for 0.5lb off and back to where I was a fortnight ago, perhaps a bit more if I get lucky and do loads of exercise.........

I will come along and post even if you are not around just to keep things going if the support would help you? Have a fantastic time away - lots of pre-made shakes and little bags of fruit snacks in the handbag is the key ;)

STS for me this week.............. better than a gain I suppose but pretty disheartening as I have exercising like MAD and been so careful with my food this week! Hopefully I should see some movement soon - I am so not ready to quit when I can see my target in sight!

Well our week away was a total wash out........
The plan was slim fast in day, BBQ's in the evening, but the weather was so awfull we ended up setting one caravan up for the children to play games, colour etc and the adults sat in another playing cards and drinking alcohol and eating nibbles, we all had a whale of a time in the torrential wind and rain, but slim fast didn't see the light of day.
So a fresh start tomorrow, no dreading getting on the scales just get on and make a clean start!
I'm looking forward to it as I have been feeling rather yack the last few days.
On a brighter note I have now got 10 weeks before our next holiday, we are off to Greece and i WILL fit into my holiday clothes, I'm going to get them out tomorrow see what I have got, I can't tell you how it will make me feel being able to get back into those clothes, last time we went abroad was when my son was 9 months old he is now 5
I am sooooo excited

Don't be disheartened by sts are you measuring yourself too? Staying on track this week will probably mean a good loss next week x

Hi there. Sorry to hear you week away was ruined by the weather - what is it with the UK over the lat few years? It doesn't make sense - "flaming June" seems to have been replaced by "flaming awful June" :(. We both ride motorbikes and do lots of rallies and parties over the so called summer so we are acutely aware of the bad weather and it seems to have been virtually nothing but bad weather for last 3 or 4 seasons :rolleyes:

I am not surprised that the SF went out the window if you were stuck inside most of the time - do you know the "damage" or aren't you going to look? It might not be as bad as you think!

How funny that you are off to Greece - we are heading for a week of classic rock on Lindos on the 20th for 8 days too. Really looking forward to it - great music, great food (ooops, I said the "f" word!) and also pretty much guaranteed sunshine is just what the doctor ordered right now :D

I'm not feeling too down about the STS - I am really stuck in on the strength training and cardio just now and I have lost 8.5 inches overall since the beginning of May so I am increasing tone. I had a real NSV the other day when I tried on a pair of size 12 biking jeans that I haven't worn for at least 3 years "just to see" and not only do they fit, but I can get my thumbs comfortably into the waistband - I nearly feel over in surprise......... they look TINY :eek:

So onwards and downwards for both of us. TBH I don't care if the scales aren't being particularly kind right now as long as the tape measure and mirror tell me I'm doing OK. I am even thinking about getting out my tankinis for Greece so I can't be feeling too bad about myself for a slightly flabby 52 year old woman who is going to be surrounded by nubile young toned lasses for a week ;)

We can do this.............. :D

Your positivity is superb and possibly being so close to target now for you it will be measurements rather than weight, when I got married 12 yrs ago I was doing weight watchers, and I exercised at least 4 - 5 times a week I was 9stone 2lbs.
My hubbies cousin who I am close to is 3" taller than me, but we shared clothes, we were the same bra size and same shoe size but I was a good stone heavier than her?! I can't figure that out at all lol.
So while I need to loose weight I will be taking notice of the scales but when I get near target I will be looking more at if I feel comfortable, if my clothes feel good on and how I feel in myself and not the exact weight shown on the scales!
Yes I hopped on the scales this morning expecting to see that I had regained all my weight but I thought well at least I had lost it before I went and not just put more weight on without loosing anything. To my surprise I have only gained 1lb so I have still lost 7lb in total ( great big smiles)
So back to it today, I feel a bit groggie really, I'm sure it's the bread and alcohol and crap consumed in the last 10 days, can't wait to feel better in myself.
Goal this week to loose 2 lbs
We can do this !!!!

Back