First gain

samwannabeslim

Hi all,

I am so so so worried about have my first gain tonight since starting in September. Worried I may cry :(. Do I go home without saying a word or stay??? I know I should stay but I am dreading weigh in tonight I really am.

Please please please stay. Its only by staying that you will get support, info, and help. And you never know, you may not have gained. I run the shop at group and so many times in the queue members chat and say to me that they have gained massively! Then they step on the scales and they actually have lost!!!!! You never know, the only scales which count are the S W ones. If you have had a gain as I say, please stay. Its only by staying you will receive the support you may need and also support of others who may well be in the same position as yourself and could offer advice. Good luck! :)

Stay, there is nothing to get that stressed or worried about, I have had lots of gains and losses over my journey, however SW is a life change and life sometimes gets in the way.

If you have gained, you will know exactly how much and where you stand, you can choose to talk about what happened or not but you will get support and it will help get you back in the zone.

If everyone only stayed when they lost it would paint a very unrealistic picture of SW, nobody is perfect and we are all there to help each other get through this.

My consultant always said that every.member is important. When you have a loss the group need you and when you gain you need the group. As everyone above has said, please stay even if you know exactly why you gained. The group and your c can help you come up with a plan for the coming week and strategies for how you can deal with whatever happened to give you that gain. It's really not as bad as you think. Everyone has been there!x x

Hi all,

I am so so so worried about have my first gain tonight since starting in September. Worried I may cry :(. Do I go home without saying a word or stay??? I know I should stay but I am dreading weigh in tonight I really am.

Please don't dread weigh in. I gained at group yesterday - 2.5lbs on. At this time of the year it is so easy to gain - you haven't failed at all and there's nothing to be ashamed of. I felt fine about it - I expect an even bigger gain next week after the big day lol!

Always try and stay, especially if you gain. People do genuinely care at sw and people can pick you up when you feel like throwing in the towel! Many times i have gained but stayed and i have always left class feeling like i CAN do it and a gain doesn't matter its how you deal with it that counts xxx

My consultant always says 'theres no shame in a gain'!
So you think you are going to put on this week - its Xmas party season. I bet you have had a good party and looked great in a new dress - am I right? So you gain a lb or two - no big deal, you can get that off easy cos you have done it before.

Stay to group, and you will feel much better by the end of it. If you know what you have done wrong, then you know why you have gained. Its the unexpected gains that are the worst ones.

Keep going, its December....I have put on 1lb the past two weeks...but keep going to group in December and get weighed. ;)

We have a weigh in Christmas Eve will have new packs Gain or not worth going
What is a couple of pounds over Christmas!!at least it won't be a stone!!
OH gained over a stone on a 10day cruise!!

Stay!! When you gain is when you need the group support the most. It will give you the support and the motivation to keep going. Good luck

Don't give up!
I had 33 weeks without a gain then it happened! It's normal to gain sometimes so forget about it, if you keep a food diary you may be able to identify what caused it, or you may know yourself, if so don't have it again!
Good luck and don't take a gain to heart......

Back