First goal past

liz0703

Silver Member
I am pleased to say I have I have gone past my first goal- going more than 2 days without cheating:). Not a thing since the bacon butty on saturday dinner, so I am now way past 48 hours!! In all the times of trying this, I have never gone past 2 days. Hopefully I will succeed now I have gone past that hurdle, but I will take one day at a time. Tuesday and Wednesday are my worst days at work as I am there for 10 hours each day and I would normally just pig out to pass the time!! So my next hurdle is to get to Thurs morning. Weigh in day on Wed, so hopefully that should give me the boost I need!! Dont expect to have lost as much as I could as I cheated Tues, Wed, Fri and Sat (god that sounds bad!!) although I only consumed about 1/4 of the amount of food I normally would have, I can feel there has been a slight loss. Fingers crossed!!:fear:

that's great Liz - well done.

I'm a big fan of having lots of smaller goals (they don't feel small before you reach them though!).

best of luck at work on your difficult days.

That's fantastic Liz! Getting through those first few days without cheating are so hard! I know you can make it to your next goal!

Thank you guys, it is the hardest thing I have ever had to do, but for one the most important things that I want to do. Have had a couple of times today in which I really wanted to give in, but got past them-just. Is it me, or do the days feel longer when you are doing this diet?? I really cant wait to get into ketosis!!
Tried the vanilla with coffee in before, it was scumptious!! Was going to do the chocolate one with cold mint tea for my last shake, but have run out of the chocolate shake- gutted. Will have to wait for WI on wednesday to restock, something to look forward to I suppose lol.

My two little boys have noticed I am not eating and having 'milkshakes'(I wish) instead. I said they were to help me get thin. They said before, 'are you not thin yet, youve had loads of them' if only it was that easy, to wake up thin ha ha, bless them, so innocent

Well done Liz! If you can last these two days then you can see it through to the end! well done xx

Sooo hard. Go to bed early!! I am accustomed to late night takeaways(thus why I in the state I am!!) as my hubby doesnt get in til late and doesnt eat 'normal food', so night time is one of the worst times. I tried this last year, and lost a couple of stone-but did cheat every day for 2m then gave up, I just cant imagine how much I could have lost had I stuck to it properly.
Each day is a milestone and a huge achievement. I started last Tuesday and cheated most days until Saturday and woke every day thinking 'you fool'. This morning I woke up and thought 'well done' as yesterday was the first day I didnt cheat, and I look forward to doing that many mornings to come and watching the weight fly off.
Look at the weight-losses on here and it will show you with a lot of hard work and determination you can do and lose it. Stick at it Miss B, if I can do it, so can u.
Not sure who I was trying to encourage more- me or u lol. But now I have said it all I must practice what I preach!! Good luck x

Well done Liz, you stick to it girl and I promise you, it will get easier, especially when people say :wow: you are looking great!!!

Yes, I cant wait for that for that!! It makes it all worthwhile. Another incentive which I thought of last night (tossing and turning all night as Id probably had too much caffine!), I am going to start buying a really cheap top a size smaller than I am, so before the diet I squeezed into a 22 (def would not buy bigger!), so I am going to buy a size 20 and try it on each weigh in day, when it fits, but an 18 and so on.. I think that will be another way to show me the weight loss, and really appreciate the shrinking sizes!!

Not Hungry

Hi Liz And Miss B . Congrats on getting in to it both of you . We are so used of building our days around food ,it takes a while to get out of the habit of stuffing our faces(me anyway). What i do if i get a craving or a smell of something nice i say to myself "do you want to be fat all your life or do you want to change" stops me !!!!!!!!!

Yes, it has really surprised me how much food played a big part in my life. I am going to use this time on the shakes to re-evaluate my attitude to foods, and how I am going to deal with food when I do eat- that is very long way off yet though!!

I know its hard when u smell food. I went to the shops on my lunch break and walked past the cafe where u used to get bacon and mush buttys from, it smelt soooo nice, I just carried on walking, v hard though.

Well done Liz. Small goals are the best. I planned to stay on LT for 6 weeks intially but I needed to break it down and take it day by day. Keep up the good work.

Hi Liz, you can do it babe, we all believe in you, just take it one day at a time like Kezza said and the tough times will pass. Just wait until your first WI. If you've stuck to it 100%, you will be so proud of yourself and the resulting loss. I am truly a real foodaholic, from shopping for it, cooking it and of course eating it....I still cook every night for my OH and get disappointed if he tells me not to worry, he'll fix a snack for himself!!!!! So please don't think the craving for food will never pass, it will!!!

Hi, thanks for those wise words!! i did cheat the first couple of days (it was my bday last wed- only had a salad and baked spud mind u) and a couple of other days, last food sunday, so not expecting alot this week, although I do feel I ve lost abit.

Ive found it amazing the number of feelings and emotions you go through on this journey, Ive had happy, sad, severley depressed, over joyed, positive, negative..... and thats just in one day!!!

One day at a time. That's how I have always done it.

When I got tired, stressed or wanted to eat, I would think how many hours till bedtime and do it that way.

Good luck.

Hi, thanks for those wise words!! i did cheat the first couple of days (it was my bday last wed- only had a salad and baked spud mind u) and a couple of other days, last food sunday, so not expecting alot this week, although I do feel I ve lost abit.

Ive found it amazing the number of feelings and emotions you go through on this journey, Ive had happy, sad, severley depressed, over joyed, positive, negative..... and thats just in one day!!!

Hi Liz you keep going girl and I totally know how you feel. I am just starting my 3rd week now and the first week was def the worst coz I felt dizzy hungry tired and totally craved food but after a couple of tests where I went to a couple of places with my family and sat and watched them eat while I sat a just smelt food everywhere but drank my iced water and black coffee ( I even went to the zoo at easter and took my shakes with me while they ate), anyway i passed those tests and I feel good about that and am determined to carry on till I go away on holiday at beginning of June so if I can do it you can.
Just keep going till first WI then you will want to continue coz you WILL have done well

Lots of luc:):)k

Thank you all sooo much for all your kind words, it is making this experience alot more bearable. I so look forward to logging on her and see how everyone is doing and getting support, moaning....etc. facebook used to be my second home- this place is my new addiction now lol. Thank you all x

Back