First gym session...

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Sez, 2 October 2007 Social URL.

1. Sez

Sez has started again!!

Diet:
    Dukan
    Ok, so its very late, I know but I finally mustered the courage to go to a gym with my pal today. She invited me a while ago and today I finally did it. Thankfully, its a very laid back gym, no lycra clad lovelys to shame me, about my flappy skin! I got on the equipment with no real probs; used the cross trainer, the treadmill, did some cycling and used the pec dec! Phew!! :character00116:

Then I went for a (very short!!) swim, and treated myself to time in both the sauna and the steam room! I feel thoroughly relaxed, very tired and totally cleansed now!! Not too bad for a fiver, huh?:happy036:

I have been using my LTT as my form of exercise, and I reckon I can only manage the gym once a week, due to being the taxi driver for my kids and other time constraints! I am hoping that a bit of extra exercise will encourage the weight to fall off a bit faster, once again, and I would love to be at my target BMI by Christmas....

Wonder if I can do it?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Helen

Helen Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st7.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Exante
    Yay, of course you can!

4. Sez

Sez has started again!!

Diet:
    Dukan
    Thanks old chum!!!!

Thanks Helen! Was going to email, to let you know, but you beat me to it!!

xx

5. Eileen

Eileen likes posting.

Diet:
    Slimming world.
    sounds like you did well.

6. Sambucca

Sambucca Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st0lb(43.9%)
    Diet:
    Gastric BYpass
    good going Sez. You can definately reach your target for Xmas. Its great to hear you motivated again

7. Juliakno

Juliakno Taking it Day by Day

Diet:
    Cambridge
    well done for going to the gym!!! I still have to get to that point. Like you I have to work out the practicalities of finding time to go but the pay-as-you-go sounds like a good option if time is limited. I bet the exercise will help you to stay focused and to force some of that weight to disappear!!! I just looked at your ticker, well done for getting below 30!!!!!!

8. iceycold

iceycold Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I'm proud of you for making it to the gym, well done.
    I really must find some sort of exercise, and the time and money to do it.

9. Daisydee

Daisydee FAT CELLS HAVE MEMORY!!!

Hi Sez

Good for starting the gym but if you can't go more than once a week what about getting a pedometer. I hve statred that this week(4 of LL) and my goal is to count all the steps for a week and try and increase the amount by 10% weekly.

I know some days will be good and others not so good but it might help a bit and add a bit on inspiration.

Daisydee x:)

10. Karen

Karen Serial Foodie!

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(6.96%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    you'll hit goal! fancy thinking u wont...tut tut!!

11. Sez

Sez has started again!!

Diet:
    Dukan
    Great idea, I will use the LL pedometer that has lain in my bag since they gave it to us!! LOL!!

Actually, I have a LTT which I am trying to use on a regular basis, so hopefully combined with a gym session or two the final lbs will drop off!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.