First jog

Just Peachy

Slowly But Surely
Went for a jog for the first time today, I can't tell you how good it felt. I feel like I'm going to be sore tomorrow...

I can't believe I used to jog 30 to 60 mins a day, everyday a few years back. I was also bulimic and binging; for me it was just an enabler for eating as much as I wanted without feeling guilty.

Anyone else recently taken something up again and felt really good about it? Or not? :D

i am thinking about taking up jogging; i've never really jogged before and am quite unfit but really quite keen! as soon as the weather gets better i'll start as i'm terrified of slipping and breaking my neck!

This morning I really didn't feel like going outside but I was really stressed and upped on caffeine so I actually stupidly enough decided to run inside of my room. Just put my iPod on and ran on the same spot in front of my mirror to motivate myself to get rid of what I look like now. It was like an imaginary tread mill. By the end I was all sore and sweaty and felt better. It sounds stupid but you gotta go what you gotta do.

I signed up for my first 5k last year and got serious about running again-I was glad I did. I look forward to that jogging time to clear my head. Good luck in your new (re)start!

A lot of people seem to be singing up for marathons for when they're done with their weight loss. It's like saying: I never thought I could do this but I just did!

I'm not sure I'm up for it haha.

How was yours?

I wasn't last,lol! That was all I shot for. Now my best friend and I run the occasional 5k just for fun. It keeps me training-if I didn't have a race coming up, I would just taper off. I know how lazy I can be.

That's really impressive. I'm terribly lazy too but I'm going to be trying to use jogging as an outlet for my high stress, which I can't handle at all. Well I used to handle it with food but I'm going to divert that onto either some sort of meditation which I'm somewhat sceptical about but my mum recommended it, or letting it all out and clearing my head with jogging.

If only all this snow went away, I could get some fresh air too haha. Don't like people staring at me sweating on a tread mill inside a gym...

oh my i must agree, ive signed up for a full marathon myself, so up the endurance training :)

Careful when training for a marathon...especially as you approach the event itself, you want to do as little running as possible to protect your joints and feet...try to do as much "non-running" related cardio as possible in the last few weeks :)

I took up jogging 5 months ago ....started out few mins jogging then a few mins walking and i,m glad i now jogall time with the occasional stop( due to my dog he is my jogging partner)

I keep thinking I should take it up. I know they have a running club in Brid. Perhaps this is the year!

Back