First meal out!! eek! :)

X_Tasha_X

Silver Member
Its was ment to be my friends birthday night out last night and i didnt wanna go. 1. because they where going for a meal in Newcastle and then clubbing afterwards and 2. i think being on this diet is so hard for me to really be around food so i made up an excuse.

SO my mate then said 'right i will scrap that night out because everyone is finding it hard to come and i really want you there tasha so we shall go in the local town to spoons on sunday'':sigh:

There was no way i could get out of this one. I told her i wasnt eating and was purley coming for the girly gossip. Then she started to tell me that it would be ok if i had a chicken salad and diet coke and it wouldnt hurt etc etc. I ended up getting annoyed and saying to her ' OI your ment to be supporting me on this diet not trying to make me eat'' she soon shut up :p lol but i am kinda nervous about being in this situation

Has anyone had to sit around while everyones eating when your just have a fizzy water? I mean i might take some golden vegtable to put in some hot water but i dunno. I dont have soups to take or anyting like that, and i dont want to take a bar as that might look quite sad haha.

Kind of worried everyone is going to be like 'Aw tasha just have some' and it will really embarrasse me:eek:. I have done so well so far and REALLY want to lose 4lb this week.

Apart from that i am feeling GREAT that i didnt cheat last night :D yay!! Thanks everyone.

I had a scare when i woke up this morning. I had a dream that i had eaten a big bag of crisps and then i went to get another bag and THEN i ordered a chinese:eek:. I woke up and had to ask Andreas if i had eaten LOL eeek!! I didnt tho thank god i was just a dream :rolleyes: xxxx

It isn't an easy situation but you can do it. At least your friends know you are on the diet so you don't need to hide it from them. I would have a shake just before you go so that you feel full, and possibly take a bar with you just in case you feel the need to eat later. I don't know if you drink tea / coffee, but I always feel better having a pot of tea or coffee and a glass of water whilst people are eating. It gives me something to keep in my hands and makes me feel busier having something to sip whilst people are eating.
I would really try not to eat today, as once you have done it once it will become easier. Good luck hun - hope today goes well. x

errrrm tricky one for me to answer because I've always still gone out to meals LOL

I've had chicken salads

If you want to go but don't wanna eat just bite the bullet and sit with water etc

Up to you really LOL

Hey hun

Yep I did it when on CD. I can really understand how apprehensive you are feeling as I felt the same. But actually I felt really good sitting there with my water. It was so empowering sitting there knowing that I was doing what I wanted to do and that I had the self control to do it. It was a real revelation and gave me so much confidence that I really could do it!

Go out, enjoy the evening and enjoy the sense of control it can give you.

Oh and seriously well done for resisting last night!

x

Tanks everyone Great advice. I will take my water and a bar JUST in case hehe. Thanks everyone i think i will feel loads more empowered after the meal and feel great about everything :D xxx

i had the same situation last night.went out for friends birthday clubbing lol but just drank pints of water i prob looked very sad lol with my straw aswell ha ha.i was driving so had to wait for everyone else to want to go home and it ended as usual in the curry house with me yet again sipping water lol it felt surreal but absolutely amazing!!! weird as it may sound but i felt in so much power and very smug seeing everyone getting drunk knowing they would feel like crap in the morn lol.so go drink water, and feel totally in control and empowered.if i can do it you can im normally out every weekend i know its going to be hard but im going to do it!!! xx

I can relate and i havent even started yet lol its my bday after my first week and always go out for a meal with family i am thinking of doing a ss+ day and having a plain chicken salad as i really dont think i could sit with family and not eat they dont all know that i am starting the diet.
Magz x

ive gone out before with my bar and had water, ive even taken my shaker with me so i could have my shake, past caring what people think, cant be any worse than what they thought when i was 23 1/2 stone and chowing down can it

I am sure you will manage fine, and your friends will be supportive of you! Have a good time and enjoy yourself! :)

I'm sure you'll manage fine - sound prepared with your water and a bar.

Hang in there and stick to your goals.

Hey hun

Yep I did it when on CD. I can really understand how apprehensive you are feeling as I felt the same. But actually I felt really good sitting there with my water. It was so empowering sitting there knowing that I was doing what I wanted to do and that I had the self control to do it. It was a real revelation and gave me so much confidence that I really could do it!

Go out, enjoy the evening and enjoy the sense of control it can give you.

Oh and seriously well done for resisting last night!

x
you look ab fab in that pic, the difference is amazing, well done x

have your shake before you go and keep on the water, you'll be so proud of yourself afterwards if you dont eat anything, go and have fun xx

Yes I've done it, most times I've been out I've just drunk water or coffee and once I've been out and had a chicken salad and had an SS+ day -- got to say that both ways it was fine and do-able but I can understand that it's different for everyone and depends on the occasion and who it is you're with.

I've got a 3 day course at the end of March with all the senior managers and I'm hoping that the place we're at is doing a buffet where i can choose ss+ foods but if not then I'm going to have to just take the plate and eat the green veg off it or something as I can't make it obvious to them that I'm not eating!

You'll be fine. Don't make a big deal out of it and it's great you told your friend you need her support.

If there are some people there that you don't know you are dieting (and you don't want them to know) it's amazing how many excuses you can come up not to eat ie tooth ache, stomach bug, have already eaten/ had a big lunch, on medication (excuse for not drinking), having blood tests in the morning etc.

Back