first medical at gp any costs?

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by drdrew, 13 August 2008 Social URL.

1. drdrew

drdrew Member

hi im new to all this seriously considering LL as i have batttled for many years with weight problems tried every diet in the book
    having looked on the LL site i see youhave to have a questionaire filled in by your Dr before you can start and a medical each month does anyone know if your GP will charge for this?
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. hooley

hooley Full Member

hi there. all docs are different. some will do it free of charge and others will charge ( differing amounts ). give your docs a ring and ask about it or just make an appointment. when i saw my doc, he said he should charge really but wouldnt as i didnt know. i have to go for my blood pressure check this week so i am wondering whether the nurse will want to charge for that each month. good luck with starting and keep us informed as to how you get on. x
  4. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    I was told they should charge, but I saw the nurse and she didn;t. THey never have for the BP checks either. Phew!
  5. slendablenda

slendablenda Gold Member

Go for it

When I phoned my surgery they said they would charge £45 as it was a health check so I just made a normal appointment with my GP. I think he was so relieved I was doing something about my weight he couldn't wait to sign the form! Since then I've been to the Nurse every 4 weeks for a blood pressure check. They've both been very supportive and encouraging. I've lost 8st.3lbs. since February. The GP has just done a blood test because he thinks I may be able to come off my thyroid medication.They haven;t charged me at all
    It's all good - go for it. It will change your life. GOOD LUCK:welcome:
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.