first medical at gp any costs?

drdrew

hi im new to all this seriously considering LL as i have batttled for many years with weight problems tried every diet in the book
having looked on the LL site i see youhave to have a questionaire filled in by your Dr before you can start and a medical each month does anyone know if your GP will charge for this?

hi there. all docs are different. some will do it free of charge and others will charge ( differing amounts ). give your docs a ring and ask about it or just make an appointment. when i saw my doc, he said he should charge really but wouldnt as i didnt know. i have to go for my blood pressure check this week so i am wondering whether the nurse will want to charge for that each month. good luck with starting and keep us informed as to how you get on. x

Go for it

Hi,
When I phoned my surgery they said they would charge £45 as it was a health check so I just made a normal appointment with my GP. I think he was so relieved I was doing something about my weight he couldn't wait to sign the form! Since then I've been to the Nurse every 4 weeks for a blood pressure check. They've both been very supportive and encouraging. I've lost 8st.3lbs. since February. The GP has just done a blood test because he thinks I may be able to come off my thyroid medication.They haven;t charged me at all
It's all good - go for it. It will change your life. GOOD LUCK:welcome:

Back