Original First Meeting Wednesday

Hi guys! I have been doing weight watchers since January and have lost over 40lbs which is fab. Still about a stone from target. I have decided to stop weight watchers as I want a bit more freedom. So I'm gonna do slimming world yay!
I go to my first meeting on Wednesday and I'm quite nervous. I did weight watchers from home as I didn't wanna go to meetings I felt like people would judge my weight. Now I know that is crazy as I have never been huge. But at the time that is how I felt.

Now I'm a healthy bmi so why am I so worried about someone seeing my weight? Like it still scares me for someone to see the number 168lbs on a scale.

Can someone explain what happens at the first slimming world meeting. It might make me feel better about the whole experience. I don't even know why I am nervous. I never get nervous ever.

In my group (I assume its similar to most) the consultant goes through the plan with any new members whilst everyone else gets weighed. Then everyone, new and old, have the image therapy talk, weight losses are discussed, slimmer of the week any awards are given out, and we have a raffle in our group too. After the talk's over everyone goes, and the new members pay if they want to stay, and get weighed. The only person who ever sees your weight is the person doing the weighing in, and your consultant. It's honestly not scary, but I know exactly what you mean, I was nervous about my first class too. You will be fine though, go for it. :)

Thanks for that! Okay so that sounds pretty straight forward. Is image therapy just talking about the diet then?
I'm quite excited to start. After almost a year on ww it actually will be good to have the enthusiasm of a new diet. Plus I'm hoping meetings will help me stick to it. Don't get me wrong I think ww is brill but there comes a point where counting points becomes slightly boring.

Do they sell slimming world stuff there? Like do I need to take cash for anything other than membership and meeting?

The mags are fab, theres lots of recipes and food ideas in them, and the stories are great.

Most people buy the hifi bars, i dont personally as they wouldnt last 2 minutes!

I think what constitutes image therapy varies from group to group, in ours we go round everyone and talk about their loss/gain/sts, if they're happy, and either what they did for a good loss, or what they could do to improve the following week. Plus general SW discussions, or anything else that comes up that week.

There are mags (which are good) and recipe books for sale, plus hifi bars and scan bran- I've not bought either so can't comment, but lots of people do.

The recipe books are really good, and are about £5 or less. The hifi/light bars come in lots of different flavours and are just under £2 for a pack/box. I think the mag is £1.95. Our image therapy is just going round sac person, saying their loss or gain and them discussing how they did/where they went wrong. Believe me I am really shy but I rang the consultant beforehand and she waited at the door for me. We have a really nice bunch of people

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Just about what everyone else says really.Our group is the same, weigh and pay for members, new members talk with the consultant, then everyone who want to sits in on IT (Image Therapy). Then the new member enrol at the pay desk and then get weighed, in our group by the consultant. I sell the hi-fi bars,books, mags etc in our group. S W is a fab weight loss plan, not a diet, and I am sure you will do well. You will soon get used to everyone in group and make many friend I am sure if you stay regularly to IT. Happy slimming hope all goes well for you :)

Thank you everyone. In still scared about going lol!

But looking forward to getting started. I'll take some extra cash incase I want to buy the magazine. Don't think I'll bother with the Hifi bars right away. I think I'd rather use healthy extra b as toast at breakfast. :).

Back