First Meeting

lsf666

Watch this space...
Going to my first ever meeting at 7 tonight! AAAAGH! Any advice? My hubby is going with me but what should we expect?

dont worry everyone is really friendly and you will get to sit in on the whole thing so you can see whatyour group do on a normal week. there were 7 new starters last week at my group (including me) so you probably wont be the only one

Dont worry, you will be fine!!! I posted the same thing as you a month ago...even scarier for me as I was going alone...you will be fine everyone is great really friendly and you will soon feel at home

Hi
Normally the Consultant will sit down and explain the plans to you and any other new people then you sit in on the class and if you decide to join you'll pay up get weighed and you're on your way! Friendly people all there for the same reason...................but just having seen the time you'll have done it by the time you read this lol!
Let us know how you get on.

This is far too late of a reply as you probably be at your group. I just hope you enjoyed it. Buy some raffle tickets, get a brew, have a chat with the members (don't feel shy).

I actualyl weigh in for our group and you can defo garuantee confidentiality. There are no reasons to feel uncomfortable hun. Hope you enjoyed xxx

Just got back - never going again.
It wasall olderwomen (even the consultant) and far too much hanging around and by hubby started yawning!
I still think that the plan is worth doing so we are going to have a look at the website and perhaps do it online?

What about trying a different group? Is there any others near enough to you?!

People do manage by following the plan online, but I enjoy the chats whilst at the group have got some nice recipes and ideas. Have a look to see if there is another one near you, just a shame you didnt click with the people this time, dont give up just yet though

Just got back - never going again.
It wasall olderwomen (even the consultant) and far too much hanging around and by hubby started yawning!
I still think that the plan is worth doing so we are going to have a look at the website and perhaps do it online?

Sometimes it does feel like you're hanging around a lot, after the first few weeks you figure out what time to get there in order to avoid hanging around.

As far as the age thing goes-my ex consultant was 55 years old and a qualified personal trainer! If there are no other meetings mear you, then give the website a go. Good luck, whatever your decision may be!

I hope you do find a meeting you prefer! I absolutely love mine- we have a lot of students and all ages really! My C is an absolute gem and I get a lot out of staying for image therapy! Very often something someone says sticks in my mind and helps me get through the next week! We have such a laugh and the commoraderie is just amazing- we're all in the same boat and can relate to each other and bounce off each other! I know for a fact that I wouldn't have been so committed to the plan if I didn't go and stay to class each week!!X

i have been a member at 3 classes the first was run by a woman who was old and boring and totally uninterested. i lost a bit of weight but i wasnt very old and went with my mam who couldnt stand the consultant so we left aftrer getting weighed and we quit soon after. my second group was absolutely fantastic, my consultant was great, really passionate and knowledgable and the group was much busier with people as young as teens to OAP's men and women. the 3rd group i went to was OK, the consultant was nice enough but i just didnt have my heart in it at the time. ive rejoined my second group and when i walked in all my old friends were there and it was like i had never left, i really think you have to find that click but if you try another you might get that

I had to try several meetings before I found the right one for me. My C is fab. Makes all the difference.

You are allowed to attend the first meeting without paying to see what you think, if you like it, you join up at the end. In fact there was a lady doing just that at my group this week.

Sorry if I offended anyone :)
We are going to try another group (and if that doesn't work them possible try out the website)
I think the usual consultant was off and the cover one was just going through the motions.
I still think it's worth starting :)

Ok. Over a year later and...of course we didn't follow the plan online and didn't really lose any weight! :-( So, last night we tried again. We went to a different church hall and the consultant was SO MUCH BETTER. There was some waiting around but it was A LOT BETTER.

Anyway. At the end of the meeting we both signed up for 6 weeks (mainly to make sure we'd go back!)

Stay tuned. Must go - I have a weeks meals to plan out. Eeek!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

well done Lisa, pleased you're giving it another go,

I find the meetings are so motivational and often go straight home after to whip up a pan of soup or SW quiche

its rare I weigh and go much preferring to stay, I go on my own so timing is crucial to avoid the period when everyone chats

Ok. Over a year later and...of course we didn't follow the plan online and didn't really lose any weight! :-( So, last night we tried again. We went to a different church hall and the consultant was SO MUCH BETTER. There was some waiting around but it was A LOT BETTER.

Anyway. At the end of the meeting we both signed up for 6 weeks (mainly to make sure we'd go back!)

Stay tuned. Must go - I have a weeks meals to plan out. Eeek!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Its the nature of the beast, unfortunately, that there will be some waiting around - the consultant spends the first half of the session getting new starters to fill in the forms, giving the new member talks etc, and of course everyone needs to get weighed and buy the things they want to from the shop - but that will get easier as you get to know people at your group and sit down for a chat with them.

I know you are going with hubby, but do try to mix with the rest of the group if you can - you'll soon get to know people and want to be encouraging them along as much as they encourage you! To cut down on the waiting, you can always turn up 15 minutes after the official start time, you may have a bit of a queue to weigh depending on how many people attend your group, but it is perfectly normal for people to be streaming in for the duration of that half an hour, and in fact it works better that way because then you dont have everyone in the queue at once!

Really glad you have taken the decision to restart, stick with it and the results will be obvious really soon!!

Back