First Post from a Newbie

TardisGirl

Hi Everyone

Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place, I am just learning to navigate the site!

I am not new to Slimming World, I lost about 2 stone with them about twenty years ago (I was about 16 at the time!) I have also been back, briefly, about three times since!

This time, I really don't want to give up. I am already hugely discouraged, because after working really hard in my first week to stick to it, I lost half a pound. It wouldn't be so bad but there were several others whose first week it was and about four of them lost ha;lf a STONE in week one! I am well chuffed for them but really, grrrr!

I have looked back over the week and realised I underestimated some syns when I had lunch out - good old Wetherspoons, I thought I was safe with a jacket potato but no, their chilli one is 14 syns...lol. I also did the fresh pasta (synned) versus dried (free) thing. So frustrating!

This week I was determined not to give up as a result of a disappointing weigh, but yesterday I totally messed up again - ate out and did really well but then I ended up buying something later, guessing the syns as low and then found out I'd scoffed 16! I feel like I am being totally obsessive and still not getting it right.

I should clarify, my brain is already a tad messed up, as I recently separated from my husband, in a horrible situation which means it involves an ongoing court case in America while I have returned to England and after seven years of marriage, back to living with my parents. I would like my doing SW to be, apart from getting my health back and wearing a sparkly slinky dress next Christmas, something I do for myself to get my own life and self back.

I could do with some support and I will start a food diary on here too to keep me focussed.

Ruth x

Aw hon, sounds like you are having a hard time. This is my first week too but weigh-in not till Thursday for me. I couldn't cope with eating out at the moment until I know exactly what I'm doing. In fact I'm a bit unadventurous with my choices till I get my head round it.

But at least the needle went in the right direction- downwards. Next week is another week And I've read other people's comments about first week losses.

Not everybody's system reacts immediately and it may be week 2 before you see a big loss.

Good luck x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Aw, thanks - yes I have heard a couple of other people say they didn't sort of kick in til week two or three. When I did it the first time, I had a big loss first week, but as I said I was about 16 then! Also I have diabetes now and it wouldn't be surprising if my system behaves a bit differently.

My weigh in is Thursday too, so we'll see! I bought the Food Directory in class last week so that might help me keep track a bit better.

Ruth x

Back