First shake and nearly went sick ..... anyone else feel like this???

jenna24

Hi,

Just started CD today and had my first shake (Strawberry flavour)

I thought it tasted really powdery and it was making me want to throw up. I had to hold my nose to drink it!!

Im quite a fussy eater anyway so maybe its just me...

But did anyone else feel like this???

I really want to stick to the diet, got 5 stone to lose!!!

Thanks xx :wave_cry:

Yep, me. I hated the strawberry, made me gag.

There is a couple of reasons why shakes don't agree with you.

Firstly, because they are full of nutrients and are concentrated, sometimes helps to add more water and definitely ice cubes, can't take any of the shakes without ice.

Some people also split their shakes so they are having 2 drinks as opposed to one, and they are not as strong.

Secondly, you don't like the taste, may just need to find the kinds that you do like.

Choc Tetras are fab. Stick with it though, the results are so worth it. Your week 1 weigh in will also help motivate you.

Thanks, makes me feel better just knowing that someone else felt the same!!

I will definatly try to use ice and may try to seperate them into 2 glasses.

I have bannana for lunch today, and a veg soup for tea. Hopefully i'll like them lol!! :confused:

x

I feel sick after mine if I dont have water at the same time. Try splitting the shakes into 2 drinks but dont make them at the same time as you have to drink them within 15 minutes of making them.

Its all trial and error when you start this diet as you never know what your gonna like.
I like the tetra choc but not the powder choc.lol
Stick with it hun you will find what you like.lol

Thanks for the suggestions guys, i'll stick at it and try and find one that i like.....

I have to keep thinking positive!!! lol!!

Hii!

I had this problem with the forest fruit?? or whatever its called there, shake.. It was horrible!!!! You have to find your own tastes etc. Hang in there, you'll do great!! :)

I don't feel sick with the powder shakes, I make them up with loads of crushed ice, they're really nice that way.

On the other hand the banana tetra made me feel sick and really gagged on it.:(

So the next time you have a shake crush loads of ice and whizz that into it:D

Must admit i am not a great shakes fan, but i use a hand whisk. Makes it really smooth and ok even if you add ice - Lump Free :)

Yes definately add ice and use a hand blender. I dont like any of the fruit flavours. I just stick to chocloate/mint/butterscotch/toffee walnut. Im not a big fan of the soups either, only like the chicken/mushroom and orental chilli. Stick with it - as the others have said the tetra bricks are good also but definately have them chilled. Stick with it - Ive lost nearly a stone and my clothes are starting to fit me again - its a great feeling! xx

I found the strawberry ok, slightly powdery and lets face it, not very strawberry lol! I could drink it though.
Between us we'll get there, I reckon after a few days your mouth is just glad of any slight flavour, and it's not so bad. (I'm on day 1 too, so I'm telling myself all sorts of things to make it easier, as all I want is a sandwich right now)

I had a banana tetra the other day.. its was horrible.. did anyone else think it tasted like the banana penicilin you have as a kid?..
Also the problem i have with strawberry is that for some reason it wont blend properly, so is really powdery.

I had problems too when I first started with CD. Thought everyone tasted horrible but didn't take long to get used to them. Never liked them but tolerated them

Good luck

irene xx

Irene's right you have to just tolerate them if you want to lose the weight.
They can't be that bad surley??
Are you whisking them enough?

Maybe try different flavours, there are a few flavours that I cant stand, if I had tried them when I first started then I would be put off too!!

Hang in there!

Martin

I think it was because they were so different to anything else i'd ever had but it doesn't take long to get used to them. And some flavours will taste better than others.

Irene xx

I pretty much only like the tetras and only chocolate! I can't really stand the powder shakes at all!

Definitely hate the banana tetras - I think I used to like the banana penicillin! But there is just this strange horrible taste to it! Yuk!

Everyone is different and I am just thankful that there is so much choice!! x

well, got my first day over with, ended up having a strawberry shake (gag) then bannana (gag) and then a soup (chicken&mushroom) which i really liked.

today ive got veg soup, chicken & mushroom and a bannana shake. i suppose ive just got to get used to them!!

had some naughty thoughts of food last night tho, and its only the first day!!!
hope this stops ha ha!!

:p

Back