First time at group

CurvyKayley

hi everyone,
Im new here and new to SW and am joining my first group tomorrow.

Any insight as to what I might expect? What happens at your first group?

Many thanks!
Kx

Welcome and good luck on your journey :). Unfortunately I have no advice as I follow SW from home but wanted to introduce myself.

Stacey x

Hiya!

Welcome and very best of luck at group!

I personally love going to group and staying for Image Therapy. I feel it helps keep me on track and I love hearing other peoples' stories and seeing their progress. My group is really enjoyable and friendly bunch, so if I ever have any issues, they are right on hand to help.

At your first group, you will sit with the consultant and any other new members and he/she will explain SW and food optimising. I would advise you to stay for Image Therapy where you will sit with the group and the consultant will go through everyone's gains/losses, and see what help they can offer or if they have any concerns etc... Mine is very light hearted and engaging. Whilst it's an open group, it's very private and your weight is never disclosed. On your first meeting, you will just sit in and listen and be welcomed to the group - you won't be expected to say anything!

Let us know how it goes for you!

hi everyone,

Many thanks!
Kx

I love going to group. It's like the best social club you have ever been to. No one ever knows what your weight is, but everyone is told how much you have lost that week and you get a big round of applause.If you have gained a bit, don't worry that is when the wave of support washes over you. Some people just stay until they are weighed and then go. Its such a shame because you miss so much motivation,tips and advice.

hi everyone,

Many thanks!
Kx

How did you get on at your first group K? I hope it went well for you. I like going to group, I go with my Mum and we usually stay for Image Therapy too. The people at the group I go to are all lovely and we have a laugh. I haven't stayed to group for a few weeks as Mum's not been very well but I think I'll be staying next week as I do find it to be quite motivational. Best of luck to you!

Back