First time doing Zumba tonight

Rachel :)

Silver Member
First time ever I've done Zumba. My class starts at 8 eeek!! I'm a bit nervous lol :)

I went Sunday night, never realised that I had no co ordination or rhythm lol, how did you find it?

I have no coordination what so ever!!! Hahahaha I really liked it though. Will def go again.

MrsMoose said:
I was goin try this next Monday but I'm very uncoordinated does that matter?

Not at all! It's great fun. Yourll love it I'm sure :)

Your braver than me! Kick boxing looks really hard :)

When I went on Sunday it's a new class set up in village hall, 1st class there was about 8 of us, I stood there and when we started I realised every one had taken a step back apart from me so I was the front line literally me on my own, I wasn't very good at following the instructor as she's doing the opposite I would of been better behind some one and following them in the same direction.
It was good fun and will definitely go again !
I'm sure it will get easier lol

I stood near the back and copied everyone else. Think there was about 12 in the class. Was def good fun. Will go next week to.

Every time I go to a class I always end up front even though I try glue my feet to the back! I always seem to get pushed up:(
Hav to say I love love kick boxing I was doin a non contact class but everyone's fitness so was much higher than mine I felt like I was keepin some of the more experience boxers bac although instructor said I wasn't an keep at own pace but I was too self conscious! One I an jog for 10 mins straight think il join bac! But dyin to giv Zumba a go

You should def give it a go, it's great fun. :). Is here any local classes near you?

I started 5 weeks ago & I love it although I always stand at the back so I don't make an ass of myself! My co-ordination is shocking & I can't seem to make the opposite arm & leg work at the same time. I've got it for the wii too & try to do it 3 times a week now

Lexie2005 said:
I started 5 weeks ago & I love it although I always stand at the back so I don't make an ass of myself! My co-ordination is shocking & I can't seem to make the opposite arm & leg work at the same time. I've got it for the wii too & try to do it 3 times a week now

I have the same problem. I can't do the arm and leg movements at the same time! I get it all arse about face! Lol glad I'm not the only one lol

Rachel :) said:
I have the same problem. I can't do the arm and leg movements at the same time! I get it all arse about face! Lol glad I'm not the only one lol

I think about 75% at the class I go to get it wrong, I've bumped in to people every week so far!!!

Thank goodness I am not the only one to discover a lack of co-ordination with zumba. It took me 3 times through a 6 minute routine to understand any of it (although it made me feel good how much it made my body burn)

I'm trying to improve myself at zumba at home, then risking the outside classes, glad you enjoyed it though Rachel

I always thought I had good rhythm, and in the past I have done aerobics and step generally once I get the feet I add in the arms. But Zumba has hip action too and it seems to frizzle my brain and everything goes to pot.

I had trouble turning around while moving my arms.. and the hips killed me too. My OH is better at it than I am (he's also better at yoga, and does it without the swearing)

Makes you wonder why it's so popular doesn't it

Maybe it's just because you end up laughing half the time. If not at yourself then at other people lol I'm looking forward to it again this week.

Back