First time Exanter.

Evening all!

Well, after years of messing around on SW, WW, calorie counting and Atkins, I have decided to start Exante TS. I actually started this last Wednesday but have just been lurking around here for the last few days!

The first few days were so hard, but reading your diaries and other posts have given me the motivation to carry on.

This time I am totally dedicated to shifting this weight! I just seem to have lost and gained the same couple of stone over the years with various other diets but this time I have more drive as my hubby and I want to start a family in the next year or so. Unfortunately, I know this will not be easy for us, so I want to lose as much as I can as i know this will be the first thing my doctor requests! Who knows, losing the weight may even help!

Anyway, here's to BIG permanent losses for all of us!

Hi Ickle, I see you have an 8lb loss already, that's great! You must be feeling really proud of yourself!! How are you fining it? I always find the first couple of days the hardest, but then I settle in a bit and just love seeing the weight fall off and the clothes start to fit better!!! x

Thanks for the reply! I had my first official 1 week weigh in today.... Overall I am down 12lb! I know the first week is a bit different to the norm but it makes that first week of headaches, cravings and general feeling sorry for myself seem all the more worth it! How long have you been doing Exante le5ley? x

12lbs is amazing, well done!! :) It will drop down to about 3-5lbs a week now, but every time you hit a half stone is exciting! I did Lighter Life properly for the first half of 2011 and lost 5 stone, then I struggled to stick to it over the second half of the year. In 2012 I was off and on the whole year, then found Exante and did the same. By January this year I had kept off 2 of the original 5 stone.

I fully started Exante again 3 weeks ago, so I'm half way through my 4th week at the moment. Feeling quite determined this time though, so I'm hoping to break that 5 stone barrier!!

If I can lose another 2lbs in the next few days I'll be in the 19 stones rather than the 20's which would be great!

Well done ickle.pickle!! Keep up the good work!

xx

Thanks guys! Can't really believe I made it passed the first week, not eating conventional food sort of seems 'normal' now! I haven't told anyone I'm doing this, except my husband - I am not really keen on having to answer all the questions associated with doing a diet like this as I know many of my (non overweight) colleagues and friends just would not understand. I may have to face that soon though! If I could lose 3-5lb a week that would be fab, to be honest though I'm only going to weigh in once a month now as I tend to obsess about it if its weekly. Crossed fingers le5ley you get down to that next stone bracket at your next weigh in! xx

I've just ordered my first lot and will be looking to start when it gets here... Either Saturday or Monday :) quite excited.. Not looking forward to the first few days though lol :) but will be worth it :) xx

Welcome Keirasmummy! yes the first few days are tough, but push through and it will be worth it! I'm only on my 9th day though so I'm sure I will have lots of challenges ahead myself! It's good there are so many experienced exanteers here to help us through! Good luck, here's to lovely pretty summer clothes! x

well done everyone I am on day 5 !! and just starting to feel better x

Hello everybody, I did exante last year from June 2012, I lost 3x stone, I was amazed how easy it was (after the first few days) the first stone came off in about 6x weeks then the rest over the next couple of months, it was a relief not to think about food and calorie counting, and also the food break actually made me realise how much mindless snacking I was doing,. Now I have had the food break and lost the weight I feel that I have re-programmed myself and can eat healthily now. I have a shake for breakfast and porridge for lunch and 1/2 bars for snacks, followed by a low ish carb evening meal, the weight has stayed off and I am full of energy. I only wish I'd found Exante years ago! I do treat myself to a glass of wine or two and some chocolate at the weekends too now that I have reached my target weight. Good luck to you all. It really, really is worth it. X

Hi JMC, that's great and good luck with the weight loss. On the total forums we're not meant to talk about specific foods, it can make somebody crave that food so best to use general terms and not name things. I hope you have a fab weekend.

Ickle.pickle, I'm only half a pound off 3 and a half stone and I have until Monday, so I think I'll manage it :) I hope your still going strong.

Hello all! Well the sun is shining here which is giving me a taste of summer and some much needed motivation to wear some nice summer clothes soon...however I know I'm going to find this weekend really difficult - I have almost broke a couple of times already, purely because me and the hubby have monday off so I feel like we've got a mini holiday-but all those food selling establishments
we would normally visit are out of bounds :( I know if need to get through this though. Le5ley, brilliant work so far and crossing everything for you for the weigh in Monday! X

Back