First Time Forum user and I am a bit nervous

najobe

Hi
I have never been on any forum at all ever.. I have read a few (a lot) threads on here and have found them really encouraging, but nerves have stopped me from joining, I am not sure where to introduce myself or if I should just join in on a thread that is going or anything really?
I am on the Exante Total Solution and have just got through the first week, I have three children and I have found when I am cooking for them and not eating it myself the hardest, I have started having my shake just before I start making tea has helped. Has anyone any other suggestions?
The other thing I am struggling with is drinking the right amount of water I am having to force it down and am still not getting enough.
I have not added my weight or how much I have to loose I am not ready to share that just now, even with myself I have my first weigh in tomorrow so fingers crossed.
And I don't understand all the abbreviations that are used either. Hope somebody can help me out, thanks Najobe.

Welcome and so very glad that you have come in and joined us:)

I have moved your post yo the Exante forum as it will get more attention here.

You are welcome to join in on any thread or start new ones yourself.

A diary is a good place to start as this gives members a place to drop by and lend their support and a diary can help you stay on track.

Good luck with Exante and if you need any help please ask.

Pierce

Thank you I saw it had been moved and had a right panic, I did think about a diary but I will see how well I do over the next couple of weeks, I have not told anyone close that I am doing this yet I wanted to get going before I said anything, the same with a diary I will see how I do before I start one.
The water is the only thing I am worried about right now I just can't drink it which is odd as I only ever drink water and nothing else.
Away for another test, Sunday night is the kids fish and chips night I have to go and get them fish and chips resist myself drive all the way home and then not pinch of their plates..
Najobe

hi and welcome, no need to feel nervous, were a friendly bunch. if your confused by any the abbreviations just comment on the post and ask, it took me a while to figure it out as well. xx

Hi
Fell of the wagon last night and had an omelette and some chicken, I hope this is not going to be the trend for me, I had my first weigh in this morning and have lost 6Lb which I was a bit disappointed with to be honest I was hoping for more. I get weighed again on Wednesday then is will be every Wednesday from then on.
If I was to start a diary do I just go and start one?

I just wanted to say welcome - I'm new here too, but forums in general are very addictive! I love having a community of like minded people to chat to, bounce ideas off, celebrate and rant with.

Hello and welcome, Najobe! :)

Well done on your 6lb weightloss already, That is fantastic. Dont be nervous, We're all a friendly supportive bunch :)

I had trouble with drinking enough water but i found drinking it from small squeezy-top sports bottles MUCH easier. For the first 11 days i was only managing 1.5 litres a day but it seems these last few days i have suddenly been able to drink much more, I think you just get used to it!

Best of luck to you on your journey, I look forward to following your progress :) xx

Thank you for the comments, still a bit nervous, I am hiding in the sitting room as the kids tea is cooking the temptation in the kitchen is too much. The amount of water that I have not been drinking has been worrying but hopefully it will pick up this week, as it has for you Exante Dreamer.
I have only managed one shake today, I couldn't face one this morning and even though I am hungry now I am not looking forward to the shake either. As this is the bit for introductions wondering if I should move to a diary, what do you all think?

Najobe

Yeah just ask pierce, you'll get more subscribers to your diary. Are you not enjoying the shakes? Xxx

Thanks, Carrie I am not sure, I just can't face them, the strawberry one is the one I tend to pick. I try to just randomly grab one which fails then I choose a strawberry one, I went for shakes only as I am not a soup fan at any time. the other ones I felt I would binge on specially the bars.

Najobe

Back