First time mummy :)

Hi all,

I was wondering whether anyone had any hints or tips to getting back in shape after having a child?

I gave birth for the first time 6 weeks ago, to my gorgeous daughter and now iv had my postnatal check, would really like to get myself in shape. The past six weeks have been up and down, my diet is usually relatively healthy although iv found myself snacking on rubbish throughout the day (on a bad day). I am exclusively expressing milk for my daughter and due to her being premature she has had a couple of bad weeks, not helped by the fact she has cut two teeth, therefore she has required lots of cuddles/attention leading to me having trouble sometimes in having a healthy meal at a reasonable time!

I am quite an active person at home when my time is not consumed by Jessica-love wii Zumba and other such games plus exercise bike- and love to get out and about pushing her in her pram as much as possible as opposed to staying at home.

Please can anyone help with suggestions and or motivation! X

Hi Kelly

First of all - make sure you don't push your body too hard - it's only had 6 weeks to cope with having given birth! You've done well already :)

Have you tried anything like pilates (excellent for the pelvic floor and tummy muscles) as it's low impact, so is easier on all your bones (which don't harden again fully for a whole year!!!).

WW Propoints can be done as a nursing mother (it adds a certain number of extra points on for you, so you make sure you're eating enough to feed, while still losing weight).

Above all - stay positive :) As her routine becomes more stable, so will your eating patterns etc. It took me 4 years to think about sorting my body out after having my baby. You're doing well! :)

x

yeah be careful at just 6 week, i was trying exercise to early after section, which just made it take longer to heal and was sooo painful!! Litraly felt like i been ripped in to. But health visitor saying just lift your belly up so i can see how your healing didnt help!!! lol

Back