First time on LT and nearly at the end of day 1

Hi everyone,

It's my first time on LT and hopefully the last!!!!! Trying to use it as a kickstart to my weight loss.... I got a shock when I discovered I was 17st 2 :(

Day one is going well, not feeling too hungry yet so fingers crossed it stays that way.

I have one question though.... I know we can have leaf tea but I was wondering if chai tea was ok?? I asked the pharmacist and she said she thought it was alright but she wasn't really sure what chai tea was so I thought Id check here! !!

Thanks in advance :D

Hiya! Good luck for your journey on LT I'm on day 8 and am finding it quite hard but the weight loss has certainly helped me to keep focused. I'm unsure about the tea but maybe someone else has the answer good luck x

Thanks Vixxxx, I can only imagine what day 8 feels like... it seems so far away right now!! It's nice to have somewhere like this and see so many others are doing it!

I know they say no fruit, berries or flowers so I'm unsure if spices count cause most Chai has ginger and cinnamon etc. Anyway thanks for your help :)

It does get easier once you have you first weigh in you will feel on top of the world! Keep your goal in mind and you will do it. There's always this forum if you have a little wobble x

So far so good :) Feeling the hunger a bit more today but stuck it out. I'm hoping tomorrow won't be too bad. I read adding ice to the shakes can help so I tried it today and it definitely was nice in this heat. How did day one go for you Jade? And thanks for the encouragement lindopski and vixxxx :D

Yea I've done that as well. Today is day 5 and is been a little harder but I think that's it's my first weekend and I'm visiting the folks (where I usually binge on junk food). I'm determined to so just having plenty of water :)

Hi there, I've been on the LT and just finished day 4.. first ever diet and i'm currently nearly 21 stone at 45 years old.
I know many people now who have lost weight on LT and I was inspired by a colleague who shed an amazing 4st 6lb in 45 days ! he's told me week one is the hardest
but after that your entire perception of eating starts to change and the pounds just fall off.
I wish you luck and everone else starting this journey like me too.

Mke

Hi there, I've been on the LT and just finished day 4.. first ever diet and i'm currently nearly 21 stone at 45 years old.
I know many people now who have lost weight on LT and I was inspired by a colleague who shed an amazing 4st 6lb in 45 days ! he's told me week one is the hardest
but after that your entire perception of eating starts to change and the pounds just fall off.
I wish you luck and everone else starting this journey like me too.

Mke

Wow,he lost 4.5 stone in approx 6 weeks? Did he have a lot of skin problems as a result?

Hi Bubz, he did a lot of excercise in that time so it wasnt all down to LT but it was a significant factor !!
He looks great too ! in his 50's and no real skin problems other than a bit of sag that hes sorting out with
excerise and electrical toners apparently.

Hi Lindo, hope its going ok chap ?
I feel like ive beaten the food cravings now so hoping plain sailing from now on :)

I tried the mint chocolate recipe tonight, get some peppermint teabags and brew up 450ml
of boiling water leaving 3 teabags in the water while it cools down, then chill the peppermint
tea overnight so its basically ice tea.
Make your chocolate shake with it and blend in about 8 icecubes !! totes amazeeeeballls :)

Hello, day 8 just completed.
I like the vanilla made with a little coffee, transforms the weak tasting vanilla.
Number one tip is defo to use crushed ice and chilled water though, and use a blender
or smoothie maker if you can.
My top tip is to get a nalgene bottle (or other litre capacity sports bottle) half fill with
water and freeze it overnight, then in the morning top it up and you have nice ice cold
water all morning ! just keep topping the bottle up until the ice has melted.
Ideal if you work shifts like I do.

Brilliant idea! I'll be doing that tonight :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Good luck ! and stick with it, just finished week 2 and the weight loss is already huge ! I'm feeling so much more energy already :)
Keep going people !!

Back