First time on MiniMins but not first on Hippotrim!!

Hi all

Just a quickie really to say hello and introduce myself. I first tried Lipotrim in 1996/7 when it was first brought out and controlled by GPs only. I have to say after years of struggling to maintain a level weight LT was the one thing that worked for me. In 5 months I lost something in the region of 5 stone and all whilst running a pub and cheffing 4 days out of 7! To be honest I can't even remember what the trigger was that got me started on TFR but I do remember the GP inviting me to join and thinking how hard can it be,,,,,,,, wow that was a bit of an under estimation!!!!!!!
I remember the first couple of weeks being pretty tough but having so many people coming in and out of 'my front room' so to speak (the pub and restaurant) I didn't struggle too much as telling people why I had switched from whisky and coke to water often kept me very busy lol. It was really very good having so many interested people as it kept me on the straight and narrow and if I let myself down I knew I would let down lots of others too.
Anyway I ended up falling way short of my end target weight (another 2 stone) as I became pregnant!!! Yep it's true losing all that weight really does make life better! Definitely your sex life anyway!
A lot has happened since 1997 and now 15 years on I find I cannot go on feeling the way I do. A year ago next week I got married to the most wonderful man and stupidly convinced myself I was ok coping with the weight gain as he accepted me however I looked but it's so true that being happy, married etc., makes you lose track of the odd extra bit of mayo or spoonful of cake mixture rather than just a finger dip.
14 years ago I was diagnosed with an horrific pain condition, shortly after having my gorgeous son and life abruptly changed in so many ways. After many years of 'why me' I decided just to get on with things as best I could but it's fair to say that the illness crept up on me over time and soon I was extremely disabled and d
espite not being a huge eater and never having wanted to snack between meals I gained weight.
I met my lovely husband many years ago at a steam rally and we were always friends but 2010 we finally got together and I was distracted for a while.
Now after a year of marriage and my health getting rapidly worse I have realised or rather put into action what I have known for a long time,,,, all the extra weight gain due to being so unwell and inactive has made me very poorly not to mention made my pain condition so much worse for having to carry all the extra weight.
Soooooooooo (seems I'm not very good at keeping things brief!) after much consideration I bit the bullet and found a local pharmacy to take me on. I was a little worried as I take a great many medications but still they were happy for me to try again. I started Tuesday 17/4/12 and yes I am really struggling with the gurgling empty feeling but otherwise everything is fine. I don't have the friends I once had to keep me busy and active and unfortunately my health wont really let me do much at the moment but I'm looking forward to all that changing as the weight comes off. For now though I am so glad to have found this web-site and really look forward to getting to know some of you and sharing peoples successes. Just hoping the cravings will go away soon!
good luck everyone - we can do it!!

Thanks Donna,, struggling come the evenings but more determined about LT than I have been about anything in a very long time so I'm hopeful I'll succeed, fingers crossed! Hope all ok for you?

Hi all, so just a quickie really to say that whilst I had an amazing weight loss on Monday (17lbs) and I rode that high for 24 hours I am now really really struggling again. I know it's only day 10 and so I shouldn't expect too much but still I would really love to see this energy boost everyone talks about. I get to 6pm ish and I'm ready to give in each and every night. Don't get me wrong I don't give in but oh do I wish the evenings were a little less hard to deal with.
Anyway it's Day 10, I'm 10 days and a stone and a bit lighter than I was nearly two weeks ago so I guess I should be proud of having just got this far?!
Best of luck to everyone starting, continuing or refeeding after doing the LT trip - let's hope we all succeed eh?
:bighug::553:

Hi all, hope everyone is doing ok and feeling wellx. I've not been on as to be honest I've been struggling terribly. I'm now on week 2, day 14 and 100% again but I caved :( last week I was feeling so horribly ill and full of nasty stomach pains I stupidly thought, ok maybe if I eat something it will stop the bloating, gassy discomfort and return some sort of balance. How wrong was I!!! I ended up picking all day (I had cooked my husbands favourite meal - mine too!) and consequently the smells had really got to me. In fairness I did feel a great deal better for the first hour but then I quickly felt as ill if not more so and the bloating returned. As a result of picking that day I couldn't resist on and off for the next couple of days either and so I find myself feeling just as terrible as I did when I started this diet and just the same feeling that made me want to change.
I know I shouldn't be too hard on myself as I have stayed 100% again now and at my WI today I still managed to lose 3lbs but I'm kicking myself as I know it could have been so much better.
Anyway I have an appointment with the GP tomorrow to try and find some answers to why I'm feeling so bad so hopefully she won't tell me to stop! I really need to carry on now I've finally got my head straight!
Best wishes to everyone fighting the good fight out there. I hope everyone is having a better time than me. ;-)
Lots of luck everyone xx

Back