First Time to the Cambridge Diet

My sister has Coeliac Disease but she has had hers from birthday, the supermarkets do a great range of Gluten free now so I am sure you won't feel too left out on the food side.

I would carry on as you are with the cheese etc...as you say you dont want to end up with bad health, your loss mmaybe a little slower but you will get there in the end, how are you feeling in yourself?

I am now on day 4 of my second week and all seems good although I am NOT sleeping too well anyone know why that might be? I'm finnding that I can stick pretty much with it but weiging early this week as we have family coming this weekend and were off out for a meal so i have decided that I will drive and I have already chossen what I will eat.

I'm a receptionist so I get to smell all the goodies that people buy at lunch time which I do find hard at times but I must plod on :)

That must be hard smelling everyone's lovely food. Well I went for my weigh-in and I have lost 6lbs but that is with my clothes on and not having been to the toilet in day (sorry TMI!) as I normally fluctuate by 7lbs week to week I was a bit disappointed with that. But I got home, went to the toilet (hoorah!) and weighed myself without clothes and my actually weight loss is 9lbs which makes me much happier :) I have also now got the bars, so I will have 2 shakes a day and a bar. I have dropped the cup a soups, even though I stayed in ketosis with them, I will just stick to 3 products a day. I am also doing a combination of SS and SS+ from now on. I am going out for a meal tonight and then I will just do SS over the weekend. So I'm being flexible with it. Before CD I was eating GF foods, the supermarkets do an ok selection but it's more about home cooking that I found helped. I baked GF carrot cupcakes (I am famous for my carrot cupcakes!) I have also said with SS+ I'm not going to calorie count to 200, it's too much; making sure I've got enough calcium, making sure the food is GF, making sure the food is protein only with no carbs AND making it no more than 200 calories, eating would become a chore rather than a treat. So that's why I'm going between SS and SS+. How's your second week going?

How many hours are you sleeping? Maybe with this diet as you are getting all the nutrients you need, that you don't need as much sleep as you did previously? Try getting less hours of sleep, and you may sleep better. That's what I found.

Aw I think your first weigh in is great well done :) Going between ss and ss+ is a good idea actually that way you can choose if you eat or not.

Second week was a bit of a struggle yesterday I felt really tired (through not sleeping) and hungry all day But I resisted temptation, I did manage to sleep all night last night and feel so much better for it today it might just be my bodies way of coming to terms with the fact i'm not feeding it ... :) apart from that is all good, I have a weigh in tonight I'm not expecting alot to be honest two reasons 1) it's 2 days early due to family coming to stay 2) it's in the evening and I normally weigh in the morning, but I know I'm losing (I do weigh at home, I just cant help it and I think it keeps me on track)

So we are off for a meal tomorrow evening and there will be bottles of wine flowing tonight so I have to try and keep my good head on and resist.

What bars did you get? I didnt like a couple of them but will try some different ones this coming week.

Hope you have a good weekend with not too much temptation

I hope you get through your weekend ok! Hope you were pleased with your weigh-in? I went to London yesterday for my early Christmas present and did eat but it was only salad, chicken and fish so should still be in ketosis. I've had haddock and peas for dinner as did the SS+ today. Will swap and change as I feel. Got the peanut, chocolate and toffee bars. But regretting the peanut ones because they don't taste so nice when you are trying to eat a whole bar!!

Aw I think your first weigh in is great well done :) Going between ss and ss+ is a good idea actually that way you can choose if you eat or not.

Second week was a bit of a struggle yesterday I felt really tired (through not sleeping) and hungry all day But I resisted temptation, I did manage to sleep all night last night and feel so much better for it today it might just be my bodies way of coming to terms with the fact i'm not feeding it ... :) apart from that is all good, I have a weigh in tonight I'm not expecting alot to be honest two reasons 1) it's 2 days early due to family coming to stay 2) it's in the evening and I normally weigh in the morning, but I know I'm losing (I do weigh at home, I just cant help it and I think it keeps me on track)

So we are off for a meal tomorrow evening and there will be bottles of wine flowing tonight so I have to try and keep my good head on and resist.

What bars did you get? I didnt like a couple of them but will try some different ones this coming week.

Hope you have a good weekend with not too much temptation

Just read your diary and your doing great ;-)
How did you get on with your weigh in ? x x x

Hi I only did 2lbs which was a lil disappointing and then I went off the rails last night :cry:back on it today though, but it was so hard at the weekend with everyone drinking and eating but think i did well to last until Sunday really, Just need a lil more will power.

I quite like the peanut bar but love the lemon ones am going to try ss a couple a days this week see if it makes a difference to my weight loss idaelly I would like 3lb a week especially if I am 100%

Haddock and peas sounds good tho could eat that now lol

Well hope we all have a good week with lots of weight loss!!!!!

Lots of support on here so any time you feel your slipping off plan pop on and fingers crossed we can help keep you on track :)

3lb a week Is easy if your 100% on plan x

I intend to stick to it 100% now, I feel quite bad today and my breath is horrible today for some reason never noticed it like this before, hope that passes :rolleyes:

I intend to stick to it 100% now, I feel quite bad today and my breath is horrible today for some reason never noticed it like this before, hope that passes :rolleyes:

That sounds like ketosis kicking in :) once your in ketosis you won't feel at all hungry so it's with it lol x

its taken along while to kick in then, i'm going into my third week, hope it is tho because i was still getting hunger pangs last week which i did think unusual, I might get some sticks and test myself that might be why i only lost two pound last week :)

Well done! 2lbs is still 2lbs lighter and 2lbs nearer to your goal. Try not to be disheartened by it but more determined! And well done for lasting until Sunday. I must admit I had a mini chocolate on Sunday evening as I was desperately craving some sugar. But back on plan today, had king prawns and salad for my SS+ evening meal. I am looking forward to seeing what weight loss is like on SS+. I have had a bit of a bad week so far and not stuck to it religiously like I did last week. Think cos I was disappointed with my weight loss after sticking to it 100%. Oh well tomorrow is a new day! Xx

Day 1 again for me... Shake this am ok, soup at lunch only managed half of it as felt sooo sick which is what happened about 4 years ago on LL after 5 months just started to be sick after shakes and soup. Came off of it only to slowly put it all back on ......had a bar tonight as couldn't face a shake or soup so want this to work x good luck everyone

Day 1 again for me... Shake this am ok, soup at lunch only managed half of it as felt sooo sick which is what happened about 4 years ago on LL after 5 months just started to be sick after shakes and soup. Came off of it only to slowly put it all back on ......had a bar tonight as couldn't face a shake or soup so want this to work x good luck everyone

Hope you feel better soon :) x

I cannot stomach the soups, I just stick to the shakes and I only really like 3 of those I figure eat what you like that way you have a better chance of staying focused, I did very well yesterday and managed to drink 4L of water so hope what ever damage I did Sunday will soon correct itself, I am annoyed with myself because I put on 1.5 so that was nearly my weeks loss!! but you live and learn so back to it.

Have a good day everyone and hope we all have a good loss this wee :)

Feeling better today .....managed the shake and soup ...may have a bar again though I know you shouldn't on week one not sure if because of more carbs so slower into Ketosis or trying to take your mind off of chewing?

Now on day 3 of week 3 still feel a bit pissed off about Sunday I do weigh each day and put on 1.5 pounds just from Sunday and I have only managed to loose .5 of it up to now!!!:sigh:
so in two and a half weeks I have done 71/2 lb and I have lost 5 inches so a little disheartened to say the least........

oh I'm not sure why your not allowed the bars for the first couple of weeks, Glad your feeling better tho :)

I agree, I was told its best not to have bars for at least 2 weeks as the chewing sensation triggers the brain to want more " food "
x

Back