First week and having period

Kerry76

sorry for the title but didn't know what else to put. It is my first week on slimming world. I have tried so so so hard and was losing nicely. Now I have started my period a day before my first weigh in and this morning have put on the weight I have lost all week. I will go tomorrow and they will say I haven't lost anything. I feel so demoralised and wonder why I tried to hard all week. Do you think it is because of my period this has happened or just the diet has stopped working. The reason I ask is that I had a coil taken out a month ago and never usuusally have periods so not sure if this would cause
My weight gain. Thanks

It doesn't cause any gains for me (I have lost every week since mid september), but I have heard people can retain fluid a week before. You also mention a recent contraceptive change, which your body may take a time to adjust to. Have you been drinking enough water? We need to keep hydrated, if not we hang on to water. Are you having a 1/3 speed foods with meals (this is crucial)? Make sure you are having your Healthy Extras, and not depriving yourself, and use your syns. Sorry for all the questions, but it could be any number of reasons x

Back