Extra Easy First week and REALLY bloated.

Thinspired

Hi,
I joined a class on Thursday and I'm following the EE plan which is totally new to me, although slimming world isn't!

I know you shouldn't but i have been weighing myself everyday (terrible habit i know!) i haven't seen the scales budge yet and this morning my stomach has ballooned and i feel like i'm 6 months pregnant! :cry:

I really need a good weight loss to confirm i've done the right thing going back to class instead of trying and failing to do old school slimming world at home which has been tweaked over the years!

I am writing out a food diary for my consultant and really am being 100% with EE, my head is stuck in the books plus i'm weighing and measuring where needed.

has anyone else had a really bloated week but still managed a loss at the end of the week?
is there anything i can do or stop eating to get rid of the bloating?

Thanks so much for your help in advance. xx

maybe more than i have been, but not excessive.

for example today for breakfast i had

2 fried eggs (frylight)
mushrooms & tomato ( 1/3 superfree)
baked beans
slice wholemeal bread H/E b
coffee.

mid morning snack
banana & 2 plums

coffee

lunch

pasta n sauce (cheese & broccoli) with fresh broccoli (1/3 superfree)
activia snackpot (fat free) kiwi fruit.

thats me so far.

Hi there, I felt exactly the same in my first week and was rather shocked to see that I had lost 4.5 pounds as I actually felt heavier. Although I stayed the same last week and today feel even more bloated than ever! :(

Vanilla Cup Cake - when you say could you be eating too many carbs? is that not what the diet is all about eat as much potatoes, pasta and rice as you like? I am new to this and was just wondering if perhaps you should actually watch your intake of these as I feel very bloated at the moment and actually feel like I have put on weight!

Hx

Vanilla Cup Cake - when you say could you be eating too many carbs? is that not what the diet is all about eat as much potatoes, pasta and rice as you like? I am new to this and was just wondering if perhaps you should actually watch your intake of these as I feel very bloated at the moment and actually feel like I have put on weight!

Hx

Rice has always had this effect on me :sigh: I love the stuff and could eat it by the bucket load lol

Yes its about eating potatoes, rice & pasta but I could eat carbs til they are coming out my ears so I just need to watch sometimes that I don't over-eat on them :)

I think it's common to feel a bit bloated and windy in the first couple of weeks doing SW, as your body is getting used to more fruit, veg and fibre than usual. I know my insides complained! I wouldn't worry about carbs, tbh, unless you already know you're intolerant.

Step away from the scales, and wait until your official weigh in - it's the only one that counts :)

Yeah I felt like that in my first week & I asked the same, so jaylou came to my rescue and advised I needed to drink more. So I did and by my weigh in I had lost 4.5 pounds :)

Thanks so much ladies, i will deffo drink more water! and try hard to step away from the scales... that might take some work! :eek:

i think wind is definitly part of the plan. 1 year in and i still suffer from bloating, the other week i felt so bloated at weigh in and was convinced i hadn't lost, i lost 1 and a half lb. don't be disheartened, and i have come to the conclusion that i have to live with my wind....and my hubby does because i just can't give up slimming world :) keep at it x

Dont worry too much about the bloating, technically its air anyway and shouldnt weigh too much!

I find its the fruit that bloats me. Plus I cant drink as much fizzy pop on sw, it doesnt agree with everything else!!

Back