First week done and feeling fine.

well done on such a fantastic loss, no wonder ya are thrilled!! By the sounds of it ya are well on your way of succeeding, all the best for the next week, take care

Well done on your weight loss so far...& your right youv'e lost double what some men do on other diets...anyway all the best for the next couple of weeks!!! caz xx

Well done, 4lbs is a very good loss! Take no notice of the lady! Do you find it gets easier each week? Simone

Hey Door,

I'm chuffedi found your story as you are the same size roughly as me and i'm also heading for 80kg. I started today and i'm gonna be dead strict and I'll be looking to acheive a similar loss to yours. Keep us all posted to your Wi's. BTW I'm also planning on an 8 week stint.

Thanks for the comments.

Moanz:

I found it got to a state of normality after about 6 days, but the only persistant problem is when you stumble upon that half hour or so you would normally be eating in (like a cup of tea and toast while watching Silent Witness), at least for me anyway. Think its partly down to mental preparation for what the diet involves really as well as generally avoiding stuff you can pick at. Funnily enough on my second day of LT at work someone had brought in a big bag of Haribo for us all to munch on and I had to put it with it tempting me all day but I didn't touch a single one.

Now I'm just looking forward to being able to have tea with milk and be able to taste something other than LT shake and ketone fuzz in my mouth because no matter how often I brush or listerine my mouth its back within a few hours, the smell at least but waking up in the morning sometimes makes me feel like my tongue has turned into a smell bit of carpet XD

Week 5 weigh in update:

A somewhat dissappointing weight loss this week (See sig) however overall I am happy with my overall loss. My weight taken at the pharmacy was 100.33kg, once I got home and took my weight in just boxers and t-shirt I was actually 97.4kg, just under a 3kg difference between my clothed and 'naked' weight. So the weight on which I should be basing my health is at the moment is 15st 4lbs.

Considering that I have been on a bit of a zig zag loss in terms of losing a lot one week, a little the next, then a lot again hopefully next week I can get under 15st Though I won't have achieved my goal weight through just TFR it has brought me a lot closer and faster.

This will be my final week on TFR before going onto maintenance/refeed and I can't wholly say I've enjoyed the experiance in the same way I enjoy hobbies for example but I haven't found it that bad overall.

Door, 15kg in 5 weeks is no small feat, but go easy on the refeed, I've heard thats where the danger lies, best o luck

Ooo good luck with the re-feed, god that was quick!! I wish you all the best, pics please! x

Well it was my final weigh in today coming in at 97.65kg (15st 5lb clothed) on the pharmacy scales clothed. Getting home I took my weight in my underwear and weighed in at 95.1kg. (just a teeny bit of 14st 13lbs).

Its funny how quickly times gone by but also how dramatic the effects have been, everyone keeps telling me how skinny I look now but that probably because I'm shrinking inside tops that are XL sized.

So now I'm starting my refeed week, I have had my two shakes today and I'm going to have a tin of tuna (130g drained, which is 2 grams over 128g/6 ounces) with 2 table spoons of sweetcorn and peas each and a cup of tea but at the moment I'm just having a small snack of 4 green chillies as these are said to help boost metabolism....that and its helping me keep drinking the water as my mouth bursts into flames...sure this never used to happen before I started LT.

Overall I would say my time on TFR has been a success at this point and I am thankful for the support of the folks here and at home/work, hopefully via refeed and exercise I can drop another 5lbs.

Well done on your weightloss you have done so well in such a short space of time if i do half as well in that space of time i will be chuffed im planning on starting on monday and im going away on boxing day so will want to be eating normally ish for xmas day!

Hi Lisa

Not sure if you've seen the LT DVD but it does say that the typical female loss over a month is a stone but that doesn't mean that is all you will lose. As I am a guy they say the typical loss is 1.5st due to the higher calorific demand but as you can see from my timeline that I've lost just under twice that but my job does involve a lot of manual work and to get to and from uni involves a 2.5 mile trek and outside exercise in this weather helps you use up more energy as your body tries to keep itself warm.

If you start on the 10th Nov till 15th Dec I'm sure you'll lose a good deal of weight if you stick to the program, the first couple of days are hard but it does get easier as time goes by. Although I actually found that the first and last weeks are the hardest, the first because of the withdrawal symptoms from normal foods, the last because you are so close to finishing you want to start having normal stuff again. The middle ground is generally quite boring for want a better term.

Good luck with starting however, I'm sure you can do it :)

Back