First week of slimming world, advice needed! :)

Hi all just started slimming world on Wednesday, not sure if I am following properly or could adjust it to do better. The followings what I've ate so far this week, any advice would be great!

Thursday
Breakfast- Apples & grapes & a muller light, and a cup of tea with semi skimmed milk
Snacks- banana, one slice of wholemeal bread with tuna
Lunch- Baked Potato and beans in heinz sauce
Dinner- Potatoes and a slimming world burger from the butcher (1 syn) and bistro gravy granules (1 and a half syns)
total syns = 2 and a half

Friday
Breakfast- one slice of wholemeal bread with tuna, cup of tea with semi skimmed milk and a muller light
Snacks - banana, bachelor pot shot, freddo (5 syns)
Lunch- Baked potato with beans
Dinner - Slimming world chips and a slimming world burger from butcher (1 syn) with 2 tbsp of red sauce (2 syns)
total syns = 8 (felt so guilty)

Saturday
Breakfast- one slice of wholemeal bread with tuna, cup of tea with semi skimmed milk, muller light
Snacks- pot shot, banana, freddo (5 syns) and one twix finger (not sure how many syns):sign0007:
Lunch -Baked potato with beans
Dinner- Slimming world spag bol - chopped tomatoes, pasta, mushrooms, garlic beef

Sunday (today)
Breakfast- muller light, one slice of wholemeal bread and tuna, cup of tea
Snacks- banana, pot shot
Lunch - baked potato with beans
Dinner - (going out for a meal so not sure yet)

Reading this back i eat the same thing over and over for lunch haha any lunch ideas? also i feel so bad using my syns, will my syns slow down my weight loss? Thanks!!

You need to be having more super free hun. One third of the meal at any time needs to be super free. Apologies if you are already doing this xx

Are you doing red, green or extra easy? Once I know this I'll send a proper reply . . .

In the meantime:

Syns are meant to be used to keep u happy and on plan. Use them and enjoy them :)

You need to be having more super free hun. One third of the meal at any time needs to be super free. Apologies if you are already doing this xx

I was about to say that, but just checking SingMe is doing EE . . . I have no clue about red or green!

Sounds like you're doing really well! add some salads, soups and vegetables in (looks like you already eat enough fruit) and you'll be sure to lose!
You would lose weight even without the superfree (certain veg), but if you add the superfree then:
A. there's less room on your plate for the rest of the food (which has calories in it), and
B. it makes you fuller so you don't get too hungry
I am awful at getting enough superfree foods though!

Syn-wise you're doing amazingly, but if you do oversyn (even 20 syns) then you can either take some off the next day or just forget about it and count it as a 'Flexible syns' day. You said you felt guilty on a day when you had 8 syns but that's only about 160 calories, which is about the same as a bag of crisps!

Everybody has their staple foods that they stick to, I nearly always have soup for lunch but ideas-wise: for breakfast- you could have a cooked breakfast, egg on toast, beans on toast, cereal

For lunch you could try soups, or potato wedges with 25g cheddar (as your 'Healthy Extra A), you could have pasta with tomato or vegetable sauce, couscous with ratatouille, potato-salad etc.

I'll pop in and look at your food tomorrow, I'm a binge-eater and just trying to get back on track with slimming world so would love some inspiration for nice free-meals!

xx

Last edited:
Yep - most fruit and veg. Not baked beans though - peas/legumes/lentils/potatoes etc are free but not superfree. Also not dried or cooked fruit - fruit must be in its natural state.

Do u have the SW books? Superfree are listed at start in orange . . if not I'll talk u through it some more.

Back