First week on Xenical

Austineer

Hi folks,

I haven't been here in a while - I used to post on the calorie counting forums but my halo slipped and I put all the weight back on (and more...).

I have a condition called Lipoedema and the nurse that treats me suggested I go to my GP to ask about seeing a nutritionist with a view to working out a balanced diet plan. My GP just stuck me straight on Xenical after weighing me (I'm 17stone and 5'7", though out of proportion due to my lipoedema - both my lower legs weigh a stone more than average).

I was surprised he didn't want to carry out any other checks first, and had read some horror stories about Xenical so I spoke to my father who's a pharmacist and he told me he thought they would be safe for me.

So... I'm nearly a week in, and have cut almost all excess fat out of my diet (I'm a bit scared of the side-effects if I don't!). No weight loss yet, but I do feel "better", probably due to the fact that I've upped my water, fruit and veg intake quite substantially, and have cut back on the caffiene for good measure.

Hi Wishing you all the best with xenical and your weight loss journey!

hi you will be fine eat sensibly and you won't get bad effects. i didn't loose my first week but have started to loose this week. i am 1/2 way through my second week, stick with it you'll see results:D

Welcome to the board & good luck Xxxxxx

Welcome!

I will have been taking Xenical for what will be 4 weeks this Wednesday and the first week I was pretty much petrified of the side effects but haven't had any by sticking to as low a fat diet as possible.

This truly is the best diet that I have ever been on and I've found that my weightloss really motivational.

I found the stick at the top of the page really useful.

Anything you need, holler out! x

dont listen to what people say about the tablets!! You only have side effects if u go barmy!!! stick to the sticky!! you'll do fab and wonder why u never started them earlier!!

love katiexxx

Back