First week question

rich_

Just started on Monday, first 2 days went fairly smooth but the last 2 have been a struggle, feeling quite faint and dizzy and craving all the foods I never really thought about. Is all this normal? Thanks!

Just started on Monday, first 2 days went fairly smooth but the last 2 have been a struggle, feeling quite faint and dizzy and craving all the foods I never really thought about. Is all this normal? Thanks!

Hi Rich- yes this is very normal-this passes once you are in ketosis. Generally people are fine by day 4 or 5 and all this passes. The first few days are tough and where you need to stick to your convictions. How much do you have to lose?

To be fair this is my second go- I did it way back in 2007 and maintained where nothing had worked for me before. I'm back again as struggled to lose weight post baby (too much comfort eating) and needed to re-program my mind-set and tastebuds.

Thanks! I have about 6 stone to lose, I looked at doing this for a while and thought I'd bite the bullet and do it, not sure how long I'd need to do this for but after looking at the success stories it needed to be done!

Thanks! I have about 6 stone to lose, I looked at doing this for a while and thought I'd bite the bullet and do it, not sure how long I'd need to do this for but after looking at the success stories it needed to be done!

Well done on taking the step- it is a tough diet but it becomes more of a mental battle after day 5. If you can stick out the first 5 days you can stick out whatever you need to do, men lose quicker than women so those 6 stones should be well gone in 6 months and what other plan could you say that on!

my third day i felt ill, faint, sick and snappy. think it was because i was still trying to do things at same pace as before, needed to slow down a bit and listen to my body. had a few days without using too much energy and then the next day i was up for a jog and spring cleaned my house, so it will pass.
i am also craving apples?? which i never eat and sleeping less. hope this helps x

i call it the keto flu...

its exactly like having a cold or flu...

its actually a good thing its a sign your body is moving into ketosis so hunger pang will go soon and you will feel better... and more importantly start burning all that fat you no longer want :)

Well done on starting Rich, the first week is the hardest by far but it does get easier. Keep it up :)

When you feel faint or dizzy then drink plenty of water, water also stops hunger pangs for me. Water is crazily important on this plan and my water intake has been very good and ive had great losses and felt motivated.

Cheers guys! Unfortunately I'm in a job where I can't really have water near me so I make up for that in the night and morning.

Any tips with the taste of the shakes? Chocolate is the only one I can really stomach at the moment.

lots of ice and drink them fast.

I only have chocolate as cannot stomach any of the others apart from the odd strawberry one which I have with ice.

To be honest I posted this elsewhere but I can't stomach the texture of shakes- they make me boke! I mix mine with a small amount of water into a mousse sort of concoction and shovel it in!! Makes taking it so much quicker and I hardly taste it!! lol

Hold ur breath and drink in one go get the water into you straight away. Taste is quite bad in the first few days. Key is to keep warm. Green tea or black

Hold ur breath and drink in one go get the water into you straight away. Taste is quite bad in the first few days. Key is to keep warm. Green tea or black

Oh totally- thermals and hot water bottles :)

Back