first week success!

Ro1984

hi
ok i know everyone is going to tell me that my weight loss will plateau / slow down v soon but for now i am riding a wave of excitement!
started the xenical on monday after a 'last supper' of wine and a huge pizzaon sunday night!
weigh in today I have lost 12 pounds in total! :)
i have been really looking at the calories of everything and limiting myself (something that I have never done before as I usually do slimming world and gorge on the free foods!) so i amfeeling like it is well deserved but desperate for it to keep going.
i am only 27 and want to wear clothes to fit my age bracket for once!
i think this website might be the key to my success -its good inspiration :)
xx

Well done on your weight loss and changing your approach toward the food you eat!

Yes your weight loss will slow down, but over the next few weeks you can feel a better sense of accomplishment. The vast majority of the weight we lose in the first week is water and and contents of our bowels (nice, I know). After that first week, almost every pound of weight you lose will be fat (assuming you're eating right to prevent muscle loss). So I always feel greater achievement now, losing around 2lbs a week, than I did when I lost loads in the first week; because I know its fat I am burning through diet and exercise.

So don't worry about it slowing down. I aim for 2 to 3 pounds off a week. Even one pound is good - remember that a pound of fat burnt off is the equivalent to two packets of butter!

Ro1984 said:
hi
ok i know everyone is going to tell me that my weight loss will plateau / slow down v soon but for now i am riding a wave of excitement!
started the xenical on monday after a 'last supper' of wine and a huge pizzaon sunday night!
weigh in today I have lost 12 pounds in total! :)
i have been really looking at the calories of everything and limiting myself (something that I have never done before as I usually do slimming world and gorge on the free foods!) so i amfeeling like it is well deserved but desperate for it to keep going.
i am only 27 and want to wear clothes to fit my age bracket for once!
i think this website might be the key to my success -its good inspiration :)
xx

Well done you ! I have only lost 3lb iin my 1st wk and I don't snack been watching everything I eat. And not been tangled :) , but thought I would loss more than this :-(

Last edited:
Maybe you've not actually eaten enough.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

toofatkat said:
Maybe you've not actually eaten enough.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yeah I was thinking that so I've upped my calories to 1600. Not going to weigh myself till next wk, well that's what I'm wanting to try and do lol

welll done :) .. let us know how you get on next week.. BUT i hear you with the wanting to wear clothes to fit your age brackett. i can now.. but for so long thats all i wanted x

I didn't lose anything for the first 2 weeks I was on xen but my nurse told me that can sometimes happen. I've been losing steady since then.

i agree with aesir22 the first week is water and bowl movements after that its fat (along as its being followed correct). i was on the tablets about 5 years ago i did great but after an incident in my life i hit a wall and piled that back on till i had my 2nd child 16 weeks ago now its true time to change, not just for me but the kids too.

congrats on the weightloss, hope your still doing as well

Back