First week weigh in

Sherpacat

Hi

Just had my first week weigh-in... A disappointing 4.5 lbs considering I've got a good 7 to 7.5 stone to lose. I did go out Friday night but only ate protein but did have a couple of weak rum and coke zeros. Checked my weight before and I'd lost 3.5 lbs, didn't gain or lose after Friday, but I've only lost 1 lb since! Maybe it's the two coffees with sweetener and semi-skimmed milk that's doing it for me. It doesn't matter which diet I do my body really does not want to give up those fat cells! I do need to start adding exercise to the mix but still, that fat is stubborn! With so much weight to lose I was hoping for at least a 7 lb loss this week. Anyone else have stubborn fat or is it just my metabolism which is über-efficient?

Your as same as me .. My maximum loss on the first week is 3-5lbs.. And every following week it gets slower.. Iv just started kettlebell exercise and dancing ... My bmi is 26 but I'm looking to come down from 152 to 125lb

STOP!!!!!

HOLD IT RIGHT THERE :)

you have had a great loss this week! Put it into perspective if you had lost that on slimming world or whatever you would be chuffed right!

I know I know ' but you haven't eaten n others lose like 10lbs'

Alot of those big losses in first week are down to glycogen depletion so some fat m some water but you have very likely stopped yourself from going into ketosis with the rum!!

So firstly you're prolonging those poxy hunger feelings

And secondly without going into ketosis you won't have had such a big loss through glycogen so most of your loss will be just fat

If u stick 100% this week I bet you will have a reasonable loss bearing on mind that week 2 is usually a slow weight loss week for most!

Also have you been drinking all your water that makes a big difference n don't forget both coffee and alcohol dehydrate you so you would have needed to have drunk more to counteract that

All these things sound minor but have big effects!

I think you should be proud of your loss and for sticking to it!!

Hey! Don't worry to much! I've done a week and I haven't actually checked my weight loss on scales (they are telling me lies, day 1 I was 17st the next I was 19 so ha!) But I don't feel any 'lighter' although I've been a 100% TS. Thing is we all have our weaknesses and strengths is just about how we deal with it. Also everyone is different so don't feel bad when you don't lose much in comparison to anyone else- main thing is YOU are doing something about it - that's the positive!

Never compete, compare, complain - my motto whilst on this journey! XxxX

aw dont worry my lovely, 4.5lbs is really good , stay focused and stick to the plan and you will honestly see it all even out.... pick yourself back up :) I have just a little bit more than you to lose, and its going to be a long hard road but keep your eyes on the goal i am sure next weeks loss will make up for your dissapointment this week ((hugs))

x

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement. I'm sticking to it but was rather going for slightly bigger losses, even with the Friday night. It wasn't as if I went mad either. We'll see what next week brings. Maybe I'll have shocked the fat into shifting!

That's what we are here for! :)

Question to you both how do you drink 3 litres a day by that I mean do you actually drink plain water?

Sherpacat, dont be too upset.

to be honest you should have avoided the alcohol, food, milk etc to do it properly but you have done well. You just need to have a good run to get into Ketosis. I started last friday and despite a bag of chips Sunday evening, I am down 9 3/4lbs which aint bad.

Tomorrow I have to have lunch at work so will have meat, but apart from the odd thought, i am not bothered about food.

It's difficult on an evening out not to have a sociable drink and a meal. The drink I can probably avoid but saying 'I brought a shake with me' doesn't really cut it in a restaurant. It was pure protein and no carbs so shouldn't have mucked about with keratosis. Milk is also minimal in two coffees a day. Rum also carb free but dead calories of course.

I really don't get it though. I'm taking in 600 cals, which I'll be burning off regardless of exercise level. My metabolism needs about 1850 kcal just to keep everything going. That leaves quite a deficit that needs to be made up from burning fat, about 1250 kcal. I had a similar issue with Atkins - even with exercise I lost about a stone then flatlined. I seem to have a very astute metabolism that adjusts itself accordingly to keep hold of the flab at any cost! We'll see where I am at the end of the month. :)

That is my last whinge on the subject now, promise!

On the water front I tend to get most of my fluid quota from coke zero. I wouldn't bother with the exante drinks. I tried the orange - TBH it tastes better as the powder rather than as a drink.

Sherpacat said:
On the water front I tend to get most of my fluid quota from coke zero. I wouldn't bother with the exante drinks. I tried the orange - TBH it tastes better as the powder rather than as a drink.

It isn't very nice and I don't think it mixes very well, I have 2 black currents I suppose I might make some ice pops with them and try that in the summer hahaha

Finger trouble on iPhone! What I was going to say was that ice lollies would be a good use of the drink even at this time of the year. Give you something to do instead of snacking if the evenings are a struggle.

Can I just say re your coke zero..... If you're getting most of your fluid this way as in 3 litres per day or even 1 per day this is gonna be a prob for u!

There's sweetner and sodium in it the sweetener will eventually make u crave sweet things but I'm sure you know that n if you can deal with that that's cool but the sodium although not huge amounts the more of it you drink the more sodium you consume this will make you retain water no end!

If poss just have 1 glass per day as a treat n get some plain n simple water down u I'm sure youl see a difference!

Soz if in teaching you to suck eggs lol tell me to do one if I am :) but would hate not to mention it n u not to know

Back