First week WI and only lost 1lb :-(

Lizwhite29

Gold Member
Hi,

Just had my first weigh in and only loss 1lb, no idea why as stuck to it 100% went to the gym 3 times. Done SW years ago and lost 7lb in my first week and 10lb last year on the Cambridge diet first week. Bit upset to be honest as have 3-4 stone to lose in total. At this rate I'll be on a diet forever lol.

Anyone else had/know of anyone losing such small amounts to start etc? Was hoping for 3+lb in the first week. More than expect to just lose 1-2 a week normally.

Look at this 1lbs of human fat......

Palpable Randomness: Fatty, Fatty, Fat, Fat

This is a great poem.... alot of people complain about only losing a 1lbs but I think a loss is a loss
a35.gif

Only One Pound of Fat

Hello! Do you know me?
If you don’t, you should.
I’m a pound of fat.
And I am the happiest pound of fat
that you would ever want to meet.
Want to know why?
It’s because no one ever wants to lose me.
I’m only one pound, just a pound!
Everyone wants to lose …
three pounds, five pounds, or fifteen pounds,
but never only one.
So I just stick around and happily keep you fat.
Then I add to myself, ever so slyly,
so that you never seem to notice it.
That is until I’ve grown to …
ten, twenty, thirty or even more pounds in weight.
Yes, it’s fun being only one pound of fat,
left to do as I please.
So, when you weigh in,
keep right on saying,
“Oh, I only lost one pound.”
(As if that were such a terrible thing)
For you see, if you do this,
you’ll encourage others to keep me around
because they’ll think I’m not worth losing.
And, I love being around you …
your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips
and every part of you.
After all, I’m only one pound of fat!!!

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-off-topic/183246-only-one-pound-fat.html

Don't give up!! Colleague of mine only lost 1lb her first week, was disgusted, stuck with it and lost 3.5 lbs the second week AND got slimmer of the week!!

I lost 1lb in my first week :) Was really disappointed, but I'm losing around half a stone a month and that means I'll reach target by the end of the year (also have about 3.5 to lose)
You mention previous first week losses - see this time being different as a good thing. This time is different, it's probably because it's your time to succeed :)

My consultant reminded me that my first week back wasn't actually my first week ( our bodies can get used to our sudden changes to our diet that have been repeated more than once)

try looking at it as an ordinary week and i bet you will have a good week next x

if that fails have you been doing a diary sheet and giving it to your consultant to check just incase theres something you dong realise you are eating thats had its recipe changed etc... Could be worth checking x

Hope you find encouragement to stick at it still x

If this is your first time doing exercise in a while then that can hinder your weight loss for the first week or 2 of the exercise but stick with the exercise as this will give you a more stable and better loss over time....next wi will be better one you stick to the plan and keep up the exercise

Hi do not worry. I only lost 1lb my first week and 2nd etc but sometimes more. The plan is amazing and it is not like a diet so it is no sacrifice whereas Cambridge is torture. I've now lost 1st 10lb and still have 3 or 3 and half stones to go but I'm loving every minute of it and it's not a race. I lost a stone on Cambridge in 2 weeks and stuck to it for 6 but put everything back on quickly and more when I came off it and it was hell doing it. Just enjoy this journey, it might be the more scenic route but relax and enjoy it. It WILL come off. Good luck

Back