First weigh in / a couple questions!

Spoogs

Hi there

I introduced myself yesterday as I just started LL.

I am on day 3 and finding it all okay at the moment.

I have my drop-in session tonight where I presume we will be weighed, have our 'before' photos taken and we can swap food packs if there are any we don't like.

What else happens? IS there a way of seeing if we are in ketosis yet? If it is done by wee-ing in a stick, at the moment, I am weeing so much after all the water (and I have managed 5 litres on my first few days), I am basically just weeing water so how can they tell!?!?!?

Also, when I was weighed, it was done in kg but I work better in stones and pounds. Is it standard for LL to work in kg or can I request it be done and recorded in stones - also, when you are losing weight it always sounds better when you hear what you have lost in lbs!

Thanks again everyone!

yor LLC will have ketosis sticks in the loo at your group, just pee on it, if it turns a bit pink(er) you will be in ketosis, your weight loss should be recorded in your book in lbs, LLC will record it in kgs and then will work it out and record it for you in lbs.

good luck xxxxxxxxxxx

Good luck with your drop in. One thing I would say is that I also usually drink around 5 litres of water everyday, as a result, the kestix don't always show that I am in ketosis. I think it's probably because my wee must be so diluted, it doesn't register. The first time it happened I was panic stricken, because I hadn't cheated or anything! However, when I jumped on the scales, I had lost a massive 9lbs!! So I was clearly fat burning! Since then, it's happened a couple of times. I don't worry because the weight is coming off!
Good luck with your LL journey. Stay in touch with minimins - I don't think I would have stayed the course without them.

Hiya
I had my drop-in session last night and I am well and truly in ketosis!
The great news was, I had lost 7lb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unbelievable. Shows how much the liver stores up!
I have that horrid taste in my mouth too, so hoping that it will go soon. Have been drinking 5 litres of water a day so that has helped no doubt.
Will keep you all posted on my progress
xxx

fandabadoozy!, congratulations hun, 7lbs in 3 days! WOW xxxxxxxxxxxxx

That's brilliant Spoogs, well done :)

Back