First weigh in, demotivated already

zirithium

I started slimming world just over a week ago with high hopes after several failed attempt at weight watchers (all that measuring!!) I have a stone and half to lose and was the most motivated ive ever been, sticking to EVERYTHING as i should and really feeling so much better about myself for making that first step. I admit i got a little impatient and weighed in mid week at usual weigh in time - id lost 6lb! needless to say this spurred me on loads...then i got my actual weigh in and had lost only 3lb. I thought there was a scales error but i came straight home and re-weighed and it was the same.

Before anyone says it, as a serial dietter 3lb is AMAZING and if it hadnt been for my first weigh in id be bouncing off the walls with joy but the fact remains, i did get weighed and i have put on since mid week. Gutted. Ive been so good, ive stuck to it to the letter. Im so upset right now, im wondering if maybe i ate too much free and superfree food because i thought it was working from the first weigh in?

Dont get me wrong, ill keep going (as i said 3lb is great) but im actually pretty demoralised and im worried i'll end up throwing in the towel. :( ps - the scales at home are now locked in the boot of my car in the garage - i wont be making that mistake again!

Well my only input on this would be to say that u can weigh myself 3 times I'm a row and get varying results each time x I do still weigh at home (far too often) but I only trust the sw scales xxx
Keep those scales locked away if poss and keep your chin up xxx :) xxx

Don't get demoralised, 3lb is a great loss. Keep on track and see what happens at the next weigh in

You have to look at the trend. I know at only one weigh in it's hard to tell but you'll soon see it's a steady down. You do have to watch portion control, it's easy to get a bit carried away with rice, etc but so long as you stick to putting loads of veg or fruit on your plate I'm sure you'll be fine. Slimming world is a doddle compared to weight watchers. All the best.

You'll lose it give it time. I slowly broke the habit of midweek weighing, but one of my mid goal targets was midweek last week so i had to weight, and it said I have gained 3lb's even though i'd done everything the same as usual, got on on weigh in day and I had lost 0.5lb since my previous weigh in. 3lb is amazing, you should be happy, and the fact that you have lost should motivate you. Don' get demotivated by a loss.

It's really hard to reap the rewards after just one weigh in. I am a serial weigher and the scales, for me, fluctuate maaaaassively. If i've just eaten, 5lbs heavier, if i've just been to the toliet, lighter, :eek:. The fact is you could have not eaten recently at your mid week weigh and anything you ate before your sw weigh could have counted for more. When you've been a few weeks you'll see a general decline and after stones have been shed you'll take comfort in the knowledge that it's a real loss. :)

Back