First Weigh In - Is it wrong to be disappointed?

EllieMellie

Silver Member
I got weighed in tonight and lost 6lbs and 3 inches off my waist. I know this sounds lame, but am a bit gutted. Was hoping for a bigger loss. I am dead pleased with the fact that my waist has shrunk!. Am I being a spoilt brat??:copon:

Ellie x

Yes u are being a big brat. How long would 6lbs take to lose on any other diet woman! Be proud, well done!

Cheers, needed that! I'll pick my toys off the floor then! x

6 pounds is a great loss hun- I know how you feel, I lost 7 pounds first week and after reading of +10 pound losses felt it was a bit of an anti-climax.....

BUT the next week I lost another 6 pounds. As someone reminded me, we are all different and have different amounts to lose so although its hard we shouldn't compare... be happy and celebrate your loss!!

Thanks Scarlett - your post makes me feel better!
Have avoided the temptation to think 'b*gger it' and have come home to a soup and water! x

I have lost alot in first week but only 1 inch off my waist so it goes to show we are all different.

True! Hey, as long as it isn't going ON, it's going the right way! x

I agree 6lbs in your first week is brilliant. You wouldn't get that with any onther diet. Well done and good luck for next week x

I got weighed in tonight and lost 6lbs and 3 inches off my waist. I know this sounds lame, but am a bit gutted. Was hoping for a bigger loss. I am dead pleased with the fact that my waist has shrunk!. Am I being a spoilt brat??:copon:

Ellie x

Ellie it is totoally understandable to feel like that cos alot of people on her lose 10/11/and 12 their first week but you can bet your bottom dollar they are on here the next week saying - I ONLY lost 2 this week or 3 and Im disappointed. We all lose ot diffrerently chick adn the twice I have done it both times I lost 6 the first week and 7 the second. So I know exactly where you are coming from cos I felt exactly the same and wondered why mine wasnt tht same as everyone elses but I think most of us lose around a stone in the first 2 weeks depending on how much we have to lose, its just a different combination for each person.

You are doing really well and keep it up and as the others say on all other dietsw it would take at leat 2-3 weeks to lose that xxx

hi i understand hunny i've lost 7.5 ponds this week and also 3 inches off my waist but i feel loads lighter (it's a positive step but frustrating at the same time!)
Today i got on my own scales and they haven't moved since friday and i'm up by 1/2 a pound and if i'm honest i'm also gutted. It's not totm and i have been so busy in the garden all weekend so really wanted to be hitting the 12 stones again. At the moment it feels like it will never happen.
Lets both stay motivated... do some exercise today and keep drinking the water. First time i did this i drank a good 4 litres a day this time i only seem to be managing 2 litres i do wonder if this is part of the problem?
Mel
p.s we'll stay strong together!!!!!! x

I lost 8.5lbs low carbing the week before I started CD, then my first week on CD I lost 6.5lbs and the second week I lost 5lbs, personally I'd rather have it a bit more steady and all it means is your glycogen/water store was small than other peoples ;)

They say that people loss water the first week, I reckon you probably didn't have that much water but atleast you lost 3 inches off you waist which is Amazing! well done to you! I lost 8lbs first week and 2lbs the 2nd week, so you see, it's all diff with each individual, but as long as it's a loss am happy and you should be too.

hi i understand hunny i've lost 7.5 ponds this week and also 3 inches off my waist but i feel loads lighter (it's a positive step but frustrating at the same time!)
Today i got on my own scales and they haven't moved since friday and i'm up by 1/2 a pound and if i'm honest i'm also gutted. It's not totm and i have been so busy in the garden all weekend so really wanted to be hitting the 12 stones again. At the moment it feels like it will never happen.
Lets both stay motivated... do some exercise today and keep drinking the water. First time i did this i drank a good 4 litres a day this time i only seem to be managing 2 litres i do wonder if this is part of the problem?
Mel
p.s we'll stay strong together!!!!!! x

Thanks Honey! We WILL do this together! Going to drink water like it is going out of fashion! x

Ellie it is totoally understandable to feel like that cos alot of people on her lose 10/11/and 12 their first week but you can bet your bottom dollar they are on here the next week saying - I ONLY lost 2 this week or 3 and Im disappointed. We all lose ot diffrerently chick adn the twice I have done it both times I lost 6 the first week and 7 the second. So I know exactly where you are coming from cos I felt exactly the same and wondered why mine wasnt tht same as everyone elses but I think most of us lose around a stone in the first 2 weeks depending on how much we have to lose, its just a different combination for each person.

You are doing really well and keep it up and as the others say on all other dietsw it would take at leat 2-3 weeks to lose that xxx

Thanks Jess

Everyone has been so lovely! I got over my tizz, to get home and find my entire house needs rewiring! Did I run to the fridge?? No! I had a veg soup. I WILL succeed! Ha ha! xx

Ellie.....YES YOU WILL!!!! XX

YAAAYYY! *does lap of honour around living room*

Yeah - 6lbs is great for the first week. I lost 8 in my first week and was a little disappointed as I'd read about everyone else loosing 10 - 12lbs!!! However, I made peace with it and looking forward to week 2. If I lose 6lbs this week I'll be chuffed to bits!

Keep up the good work and the positive vibes - you'll do great!!

Ellie, just curious, did you reduce carbs and increase water consumption a wk or 2 in preparation for CD?

Not really, no, but wasn't eating at my usual pig rate x

Back