First Weigh In - Massive Disappointment!

Discussion in 'General Weekly Weigh-In' started by Yoish, 22 October 2009 Social URL.

1. Yoish

Yoish Member

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st3lb(25.8%)
    Diet:
    Low GI, Low calorie
    I dieted like crazy all week, then got on the scale and found that I didn't lose at all. Not a drop. I almost decided to give up, but I was strong and I decided to be even stricter on my diet this week.

Did this ever happen to anyone else?

By the way, it got me thinking about fat versus skinny people. Skinny people always think that we are fat because we eat too much. I am not trying to say that I don't over-eat, but if my skinny sister had eaten what I ate last week she would have lost a couple of pounds- at least. It's not only what you eat but your body's make up.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(9.13%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Yoish,

If you under eat your body will go into starvation mode and hold onto your fat...so that might be the reason that the scales are not showing a loss.

Increase your calories a little bit this week along with drinking water to make sure you are not dehydrated...

On a positive not you did not gain and you are sounding very determined to succeed.:happy096:

Hang in there...

Love Mini xxx

4. Yoish

Yoish Member

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st3lb(25.8%)
    Diet:
    Low GI, Low calorie
    I don't think I under-ate at all. I actually think I ate too much starches. I am being more careful about them this week.
    Thanks for the encouragement!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.